04.5 back to stock running rough...

K-Farms

F-yea
got my CR back to stock this afternoon. stock single cp3, stock tips, and stock turbo. started it up and idles rough like it had air in the lines. cracked all the lines one by one till they spit out fuel. still runs rough. when you rev it up some it doesnt sound to bad, but still bad idle.. doesnt seem to want to come out of it. what am i missing???

you don't crack lines on a CR... I'd double/triple check the surface finish and torque on your crossover tubes

Hes talking about actually look at the chambfered edge on end of crossover tube, make sure off no out of round, or scaring. torque should be ok. is your engine oil getting higher? MIght want to start over with doing the injectors again step by step and torque by torque, take your time

doesnt seem to be getting higher but i didnt let it run for to long.. yeah i kinda figured i should just pull them all out and start over. gotta be just somthing i missed and didnt get torqued right.. ive done it several times and never had this problem.. wonder what i did wrong

i dont think a bad injector bc it ran smooth and can be with the 90 tips..

started over taking all the injectors out and sure enough one of the cross over tubes has a little nick on the tip of it. i hope that little nick was enough to cause my problem.. off to cummins central power for a new one and see how it goes this time around..

:woohoo: been scared it was a bad injector and i really didnt wanna buy another CR injector..

new cross over tubes in. put back togeather torque by torque. same sh!!t idle.
WTF... injectors cracked?

Ok so had 3 bad injectors replaced those and still running just as rough as before.. Do I need to replace all the cross over tubes too? Am I even looking in the right place as to why its running rough and no power..?

is there somthing els im missing that can make them run rough? i took it for a short test drive to see if it may come out of it and it just has nothing for power at all either

Would there be any reason your valve lash would be off?

Check them?

Would there be any reason your valve lash would be off?

Check them?

hmmm thats a good idea to check.. gotta be somthing im over looking bc it ran smooth as silk before i took everything off it, and the ****ty idle and no power has been consistently the same with everything i try..

Ya that needs to be done my buddys old mechanic didnt run his when they put pushrods valve springs and injectors in and once he ran the valves it ran great till it started breakin rockers cause mechanic torqued everything down to tight but all good now