04.5 Fuel smell while idling, terrible mileage??

Have someone look at it with a scanner. Do a cylinder performance test and also do a fuel pressure override test, You will know if it's injectors then. And unplugging your FCA will wreck your fuel pressure relief valve.

Have someone look at it with a scanner. Do a cylinder performance test and also do a fuel pressure override test, You will know if it's injectors then. And unplugging your FCA will wreck your fuel pressure relief valve.

If unplugging the FCA destroys the LV ,it was on its way out. After testing 1000s of them that have been in use Most all leak at some point, If I run the test pressure to 25K some just drip others will spray, but they all leak some, the only ones that stay down are the rusted shut, I've ran the pressure to 40K and they still did not pop off.$.02

My thoughts on why it will destroy it is because if it does pop from unplugging the FCA causing rail spike, dirt and contaminates from the rail will disrupt the seat causing it to leak. But instead of unplugging the FCA, use a scanner(DRBIII, WiTEC) and find out whats wrong. I don't know how people can accurately diagnose by unplugging sensors and throwing parts at vehicles.

My thoughts on why it will destroy it is because if it does pop from unplugging the FCA causing rail spike, dirt and contaminates from the rail will disrupt the seat causing it to leak. But instead of unplugging the FCA, use a scanner(DRBIII, WiTEC) and find out whats wrong. I don't know how people can accurately diagnose by unplugging sensors and throwing parts at vehicles.

Well if I had a highpressure leak, unplugging the FCA and thus spiking the pressure revealing the leak, so not just throwing parts.

also pressure relief is still intact.

If unplugging the FCA destroys the LV ,it was on its way out. After testing 1000s of them that have been in use Most all leak at some point, If I run the test pressure to 25K some just drip others will spray, but they all leak some, the only ones that stay down are the rusted shut, I've ran the pressure to 40K and they still did not pop off.$.02

Can you guys bench test a CP3 at your shop?

Back