04.5 rebuild

You can put a stor boss fitting in the head and an AN line to do away with that banjo I think.

Little update, frame is complete with por-15. Got my original airdog all plumbed in with new push lock hose and all AN fittings. The rear and leafs I sprayed with Eastwood’s rust encapsulator and then there extreme chassis black paint. Now just waiting on S&B to release the 03-05 cab mounts.

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 9
That Eastwood coating looks good.

What do you think about the quality on that diff cover?

Looking good. I'm no help for the return line. Good idea on leaf spring bushings at this time while they are easy to access. I actually flushed the inside of my frame with lots of water at this point, before placing the cab and bed back on. Then poured some oil down inside the frame rails, lifted the frame from one end, then the other so oil would coat the bottom surface. Oil dripped from the frame holes for maybe 2 weeks then stopped.

oil in the frame. Old school trick. Any straight axle Toyota that’s still in one piece is due to someone using oil ha.

Frame looks really nice. Seems a lot easier than my plan of sandblasting and painting.

There is a 3M product that comes with an applicator nozzle you feed into the frame and let it coat 360 degrees as you pull it through.

I have that return line for back of the head, but not willing to part ways with it. Removed it when I added the coolant bypass kit.

Back