05-07 Aftermarket Elbow install on an 04

Have any of you with an 04 with the butterfly valve i there, had any effect on anything else? I had my truck in the shop, had headstuds put in. After I got it back, and but the elbow on, I tried using my tow/haul button, and it did not work. Wondering if it had anything to do with the elbow and removing the butterfly or not. I took out the whole throttle body. Other than that, not CEL, but I do have the SCT on it.

i don't imagine that elbow would have anything to do with the tow/haul.... check with your sct tuner or the dealer as to why. put it back to stock and see if it works normally again.

sredish said:
i don't imagine that elbow would have anything to do with the tow/haul.... check with your sct tuner or the dealer as to why. put it back to stock and see if it works normally again.

I was planning on doing that tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to if that might have any affect on it. Did not know if that butterfly valved closed and helped slow it down or anything like that.

Logan said:
Have any of you with an 04 with the butterfly valve i there, had any effect on anything else? I had my truck in the shop, had headstuds put in. After I got it back, and but the elbow on, I tried using my tow/haul button, and it did not work. Wondering if it had anything to do with the elbow and removing the butterfly or not. I took out the whole throttle body. Other than that, not CEL, but I do have the SCT on it.

I just noticed today that my tow/haul button stopped working as well.
Anyone got any ideas????????????

Yeah. Check the button. The wires in the little shifter stalk also like to take a crap too.

This all happened after the elbow install. I think it is just 04s. :bang

My TowHaul still works, still throwing a code and a CEL though. I don't like codes and I don't like CEL's. The elbow is coming off. Bummer. :mad:

PSDPlayer said:
Why can't your SCT disable the light and the code?

I can clear the code with my SCT and the light goes out, but when I let it set and cool down and restart it I get the code and light.

I just don't understand it, because my mech says the the function of the throttlebody (TB) is diabled but everytime starting it cold it throws a code. He said in the 03's they scrambled to get the TB done but didn't have enough time, they completed fo the 04's but scrapped the idea of using it.

I have the plug plugged into the socket with the socket removed from the TB, I don't have the other plug for the motor plugged in though. It does the same thing if I completely unplug it.

For the minute benefit that i might be getting, it's just not worth the headache.

What I don't understand is that other guys with 04's aren't having a problem?

leros said:
I can clear the code with my SCT and the light goes out, but when I let it set and cool down and restart it I get the code and light.

I just don't understand it, because my mech says the the function of the throttlebody (TB) is diabled but everytime starting it cold it throws a code. He said in the 03's they scrambled to get the TB done but didn't have enough time, they completed fo the 04's but scrapped the idea of using it.

I have the plug plugged into the socket with the socket removed from the TB, I don't have the other plug for the motor plugged in though. It does the same thing if I completely unplug it.

For the minute benefit that i might be getting, it's just not worth the headache.

What I don't understand is that other guys with 04's aren't having a problem?

Clearing the light is one thing. Making sure it never comes on in the first place is another. Why doesn't your SCT disable the throttle body system?

I can ask them if they are able, but it was already supposed to be disabled from the updated flashes. I'll call Eric at ID and see what he says.

I would just like to find a way to keep my elbow, and still have tow haul. Nummit, have your tried pulling any of the plugs out?

Leros, that maybe why you are getting a CEL. The plug you pulled out is not seeing anything or is unable to ready anything? That is just a shot in the dark.

Logan said:
Leros, that maybe why you are getting a CEL. The plug you pulled out is not seeing anything or is unable to ready anything? That is just a shot in the dark.

I have it plugged in, the only thing that is not, is the two lead motor plug.

I have a 05 elbow on an 04 with the old non disabled flash and i never get a cel. I get dtc's in auto enginunity for a couple of issues related to removal of the TB and egr system but its not a fault serious enough to generate a check engine light. I completely removed the leftover plugs from the harness also. What exact code is generating the cel?

I really don't think the new elbow has anything to do with your tow haul not working.

I have the 05 elbow and my tow/haul works fine.

Logan said:
I would just like to find a way to keep my elbow, and still have tow haul. Nummit, have your tried pulling any of the plugs out?

Yep, I still get the light if I dont have a tune loaded.

Back