06 4 weak cylinders after rebuild

well got a new sensor on it and same thing. if the sensor is plugged up it runs horrible as soon as you unplug it it just uses the cam sensor for reference. also the oil pressure gauge isn't reading and the modis wont connect anymore.

Tried reversing the wires to the cmp or ckp?
Have they been messed with prior to this?

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Last edited:
They were pulled off during the rebuild.
I can pull the sensor out of the mount still plugged up and it runs fine. Put it back into the mount and it acts crazy. I don't see any missing teeth on the tone wheel and it seems to be straight.

Incorrect tone wheel pattern
-cam gear installation
-cam gear PN
-cam gear damage
-incorrect sensor depth/cam depth
incorrect circuit ohm load
-wrong sensor
-damaged sensor
-incorrect polarity
-wiring

Yeah I misread which sensor you were pulling. The logic may still be sound.

Yep can and crank are for sure in time, I can unplug the cam sensor and make it read only off of the crank and nothing changes. Plug the can sensor back in and unplug the crank sensor and it runs fine. I have called a ton of guys I now and shops as well and nobody knows anything. I am completely stumped

Any chance you got a bum new crank sensor? Try another new one, or borrow one from a similar truck maybe?

Did you ohm the sensors at the ecm harness?

I would have tried another harness by now. I only have so much patience with electrical gremlins

I actually pulled the harness apart a few minutes ago and found the signal wire broke. I tested it for continuity several times and always showed but it could have been connected just enough for a small current to go thru and when I pulled it apart it broke.