06.5 converter lockup control

cowboyup20x

Diesel Fume Inhaler
I know this might sound strange, but I want a switch that will stop my converter from locking up until I want it to.
My problem is pulling my 35ft 5th wheel. My truck locks up the converter and shifts into overdrive while in tow/haul at 45mph. It causes a VERY firm shift but also takes all the drive away from my turbo causing the egts to skyrocket.
I would like to be able to keep the converter unlocked until 55 while getting on the interstate so I can get moving after the d to od shift and allow my turbo to be spooled a little better. When the truck makes this sift the rpm drops to 1500-1600 and my turbo just doesn't care for it.
Thanks for any help in advance.

leave it out of T/H & OD and you're good to go. Once you're to speed, then hit the button and go into T/H or OD.

Or install a lock up switch and lock it in 2nd. It will stay lock through the gears

Or, get yourself a trans control like a TS shift master or Suncoast controller ( edit: oh, I see you have one.... that should help )

X2 on Ty's idea, if you leave the T/H off it won't lock the converter nearly as fast. ROB

Just click O/D off until your desired speed then click it to normal mode.

Tow haul blows. I just do the sane as above. OD off then shift to reh D

With my PacBrake as soon as you turn on the master activation switch it automatically puts the truck into tow haul mode. I don't try to win any races when towing, 65-70mph max on the interstate. I like how tow haul holds the shifts out longer and doesn't tend to shift "early", I just want to get rid of the locked shift. I also have 4.10 gears in this truck so it wants to grab OD around 45 mph because 60 in drive is screaming.

Pretty sure he just said he wanted to keep it unlocked. Also the TS Shift Master does not work, reading comprehension seems to be failing these days. The idea here is to shift into OD unlocked, then lock up the convertor when desired.

Excuse me but, I comprehend just fine. You'll notice I told him several options. No, not all will lock " when he wants it to " but, to solve the issue of....

My truck locks up the converter and shifts into overdrive while in tow/haul at 45mph.

he could just leave OD off. At least I tried to offer help and didn't just make a post to say your better at comprehending

Or install a lock up switch and lock it in 2nd. It will stay lock through the gears makes no sense he wants to keep it unlocked threw all the shifts i dont think comprehension is your game you should try tennis

It was a suggestion ! Since when are we in English class :bang I've experience what he's talking about and offered ways I've gotten around it. Maybe you guys should comprehend his post was posed in the form of a question and try to help instead of NAG

Interupt the TC lock up signal?? Put in a toggle switch in line and the control signal can only get there when you close the switch (normal mode) and is blocked when you open the switch (no lock up mode).
Just an idea. It might throw a CEL though because of the open circuit when you open the switch to interrupt the signal, IDK for sure.

A switch will work to break the ground going to the lock up solenoid but it would have to be a 3 way switch. To keep from going into limp mode you will have to switch to a resister when opening the circut to the solenoid.
Billy