06 a/c stopped working

ramtough01

Have a 06 the ac just stoped working ordered a pressure senser thinking that was the problem and that didn't change anything. Is it the compresser or something else, Wish it was a fuse but there is not on here for that. Also I have a A/c compresser that was on my 01 would it work on this truck?

Last edited:
The stupid a/c clutches die all the time in these trucks. I am not sure off the top of my head but I had to replace the compressor because at the time they did not sell the clutch separately.

01 will not work on an 06. these trucks are hard on compressors due to not enough air over the condenser. You can get a kit on E-bay you want the compressor with dryer and inline filter it is a long solid preformed aluminum pipe. Clean out the system if the compressor burnt up! May want to replace the condenser also then mount a switched fan to the front of the condenser to force air through it when the A/C is on! DO NOT pinch the power wire between the compressor and mouint this will burn up the clutch! Don't ask how I know! Oh and fill the compressor with the supplied oil before mounting!
Any other questions just ask!

Do yourself a favor and get all dodge parts. They will last much longer than any rebuilt crap or china junk.

You must replace dryer, and orifice tube when you change the compressor.