06 Powerstroke white smoke

jwfrauts

This my first post, but I have been reading on here a while. I have a 2006 powerstroke with a looney tune, 4 in magnaflow exhaust, pyrometer, and an AFE intake. I was on my way to work the other morning and passed a car. I looked back after letting off a a lot of white smoke came out. I pulled over and returned to stock and after that everytime I got on it alittle and let off white smoke would come out. On the way home it did the same thing. When I stopped at a red light it would start smoking setting still. It is about 50 miles one way from work to home, and it quit all of the smoking around mile 20. When I got home I checked the water for oil and the oil for water. I think it is possibly the seal in the turbo but not sure. Any ideas. I have to put it in the body shop to get the bed fixed where my wife backed in to it and then I will take it to the dealer.

Me thinketh a new pope was elected

EGR cooler would be my best guess as it smokes all the time. Pull the EGR valve and see if its wet inside.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I have been blowing coolant out of the degas bottle for a while when I get on it hard. Even when the level is below the min. mark.