06 project truck in pieces, need help

I want to put it together and drive the thing, I have an 04 hemi I will sell if I do so I could use the 06 for a daily driver and my 94 for a weekend warrior

I would definetly make sure it has a clean title if you are planning on putting it together and driving it. Did you get any history on the truck like why it was taken apart (other than the paint and motor). If you decide to pass on it I'd be interested and would be willing to give you a finders fee :)

where would be a good place to find a complete common rail? It seems hi or miss looking on the internet

It does have a clean title, the kid who owned it tore the engine apart due to a spun rod bearing for #4 or 5 cyl and decided to fix it up and make it a show truck but ran out of money and sold it to a guy i know who wanted to make a rock crawler out of it but with his work and quad racing career he has no time so he offered it to me. I have been searching classifieds but I will just be patient until I find one.

I got a reman short block with 3yr 75000 mile warranty and arp head studs for around $4500. It depends if you want to use all the other components from the old motor like turbo, injectors, etc. I would definetly have the injectors cleaned and tested before they go back in, they are a common problem on these 06 trucks. Or just keep searching the internet for a complete pull out from a wreck or something. I would still test injectors and just cross your fingers that you got a good motor. Can you use the 24v shortblock that comes with the truck and put the commonrail head on it? Might be worth checking into.

I looked at LKQ truck parts and they do have engine listed on site but only 1 cr at the akron location, i might call and see what they have and what it would cost to ship. the 24v I have is an 02 and its complete, with wiring and fan and exhaust manifold. I have looked into swapping the head and injection components but it seems involved.. I thought about selling the 24v as complete unit and part out the cr and put that money on engine out of a wrecked truck. depending on mileage of a used cr i figure they run around $4000 and i think i can get maybe $2000 for the 24v and not sure about parts of cr? head pump injectors etc

I might know someone interested in the 24 valve. He ragged the chit outta his and it's having some issues at the moment. Hopefully he'd learn from his mistakes

Officially bought the truck! Im still looking for replacement engine though

Kauffman, TX search the CL for long block cummins. They seem okay. Havnt used them personally.