06 Questions???

WYODSL

I m thinking about buying a Dmax I am currently a Cummins guy and am looking for some input.

I want to know about the stocvker/gt4202 twin kit along with efi live programming..........Is this kit pretty reliable on a fairly stock truck and deos it keep egts cool? I was thinking about adding the following mods to the 06...twins listed previously, fass150, stage5 tranny and efi live tuning....what kinda power would this combo put out and would the "internals" be ok at this power level? Also are egts a concern with the mods listed above?

Thanks for all the input:Cheer:

You'd be ok if you didn't get too crazy with the tuning. Pistons may not like the increased cylinder pressures if you went too wild, but the twins should keep the EGT's in check. Add some sort of modified CP3 to that equation too.

So like a modified cp3 from "wicked diesels" like the Arson 3? what kinda power rating would I be looking at? With all the mods...are the pistons pretty weak?

mpi makes a twin kit that uses the stock vgt turbo and a s480. I know a guy that has that set up on his lmm stock everything besides trans, lift pump and efi tuning makes 600hp. You can also get away with just modifying the stock cp3 regulator for awhile to.

mpi makes a twin kit that uses the stock vgt turbo and a s480. I know a guy that has that set up on his lmm stock everything besides trans, lift pump and efi tuning makes 600hp. You can also get away with just modifying the stock cp3 regulator for awhile to.

agreed

I'm revising the set up for the LBZ's and LLY's right now. The new set up will make more boost but lower egt's just like the LMM's. There are no gaurantees that your motor will live a long trouble free life at nearly double the stock hp. With the LBZ's and LMM's the pistons aren't nearly as strong as the LLY's and LB7's. Cracked pistons seem to be a bigger problem now then bent rods were on the older trucks. The failure rate (that I know about) is probably 2-3% on the LBZ's and LMM's.

I daily drive my LMM at 570hp and it makes 642hp on my race tune. Racing my max egt's are 1275-1300*. With my DD tune I see about the same max egt's towing. Empty my DD tune get's to 1150-1200*. I see 58psi of boost on my race tune and about 48-50psi on my DD tune.

I'm a Cummins guy at heart but my LMM is the best all around DD truck I've ever been in or owned. The egt's gauge is about useless.

I'm revising the set up for the LBZ's and LLY's right now. The new set up will make more boost but lower egt's just like the LMM's. There are no gaurantees that your motor will live a long trouble free life at nearly double the stock hp. With the LBZ's and LMM's the pistons aren't nearly as strong as the LLY's and LB7's. Cracked pistons seem to be a bigger problem now then bent rods were on the older trucks. The failure rate (that I know about) is probably 2-3% on the LBZ's and LMM's.

I daily drive my LMM at 570hp and it makes 642hp on my race tune. Racing my max egt's are 1275-1300*. With my DD tune I see about the same max egt's towing. Empty my DD tune get's to 1150-1200*. I see 58psi of boost on my race tune and about 48-50psi on my DD tune.

I'm a Cummins guy at heart but my LMM is the best all around DD truck I've ever been in or owned. The egt's gauge is about useless.

That is what everyone is telling me....I guess the consensus is the same with these pistons across the board.

What do you think about the gt42 setup in the twin kit with the stocker? It seems small to me but maybe I am wrong.

I use to use a version of the GT42 but have switched to a bigger turbo. They work good but don't make as much boost and run a bit hotter.

Yeah It seemd like it might be a smaller package but like previously said I'm new to the dmax world. What would it take for 550-600hpDD??

Stg5 tranny, lift pump, efi, twins, maybe a modded cp3 or small set of injectors???? Would that be feasible and reliable?

Truck would tow 10-12 times a year, race a couple (at track) and dyno a couple times a year other then that pretty much just DD

Stay away from a modded CP3 or dual CP3's. Injectors are only really needed if your trying to get the max out of a stock cp3. They will add 30-40hp over stock injectors. A stage 4 Suncoast is probably the most popular. A lift pump and EFI Live plus tie rods sleeves and gauges will get you to the low to mid 600's and from there injectors will add 30-40hp.

Stay away from a modded CP3 or dual CP3's. Injectors are only really needed if your trying to get the max out of a stock cp3. They will add 30-40hp over stock injectors. A stage 4 Suncoast is probably the most popular. A lift pump and EFI Live plus tie rods sleeves and gauges will get you to the low to mid 600's and from there injectors will add 30-40hp.

Thank you

i got the dragonfire 85% over, 150 hp f1s, stage 5 trans, 4094 r turbo, efi live i made 661 hp and 1200+ trq all stock internals if that helps