06 v dub help no start

Lostnwalmart

My car was in a front end collision so i bought all the parts and put it all back together (had front core support off and radiator/intercooler removed) started the car refilled with coolant went and got the snapon modis with proper adapters it would not communicate and the car just died on me. would crank 2 or 3 times and no no crank. any ideas??? please tank is half full battery has 12.2v everything works in the cabin. its a manual car

Its junk give it to me!!!

Does it have a fuel pump shut-off thinggie like the Ford rangers where you have to hit a re-set button? Look in your manual

You need the VAG-COM software and cable, the Snap-on scanner will not do everything needed on a VW. Look on the TDI club site, there are some really smart fella's on there with these cars.

problem is it wont even communicate so vag com would be worthless as well and the modis has vag com on it (it better for $5k scan tool). the check engine light is no longer on like the computer isnt even talking to rest of the car everything that would work in the accesory setting still works but nothing that would work with the car in the run position works (like fuel pump and what not)

I just got into the newer model VW's so all I can say is go to the TDI Club website FAQ's, they have a really good troubleshooting section. My gut feeling is that the ECM has taken a crap, the collision might have sent it a power spike.

Back