06 with intermittent rough running issue/ PO2149

willyb

My buddy has an 06 mega cab with 94k miles, bone stock (minus the 5" exhaust). About 6 months ago it started running rough/ no power, I checked the codes and had a PO2149 injector circuit group 2. I put an injector wiring harness/ valve cover gasket in. It was good for a few months then same issue and code came back. I checked the resistance in all the injectors and they were within spec. I also cleaned and put electrical grease on the harness connecter. Again, it ran fine for another couple months then he called me this morning with same thing, running rough and check engine light on. When it does it he said it only lasts for a minute or so then clears up. It won't act up when I'm checking it. He also changes his fuel filter everytime he changes his oil.

I've tried searching this issue a couple different places and all I could find was injector, injector wiring harness or possibly a fuel filter. Anybody have any others ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,Will

Could be the ECM itself. It might be worth the 80 bucks a dealer will charge you to hook it up to a StarSCAN, just to run some diags on it. If he plays his cards right, he might even get the latest flash out of it.