07 cummins miss while maintaining speed

bukwild07

Cant figure out whats going on, never had this problem with truck before nozzles were installed...I put Industrial Injection 100hp nozzles in my truck got the efi re-tuned it ran fine for over a week after nozzles were installed and re-tune was done went to the track to try new setup out ran great on the way home from the track started to get a light miss under very light throttle and would go away if you increased acceleration but would come back when decreasing throttle back to maintaining 50-60 mph, drove it home next day pulled valve cover rechecked all injector wire nuts and cleaned bother injector harness plug ins and reassembled still had the miss seems to be more likely to happen once the motor is to operating temperature while it does this EGTs are normal rail pressure is not jumpy and reads normal I swapped the injector wiring harness with another one and it still had the miss...bought a new number 1 injector because it was different than injectors 2-6 under the nozzle and thought that fixed it because it has ran fine for 3 weeks but the miss has returned it gets bad enough it shakes the truck decent I get no Check engine lights...Not sure if I have an electrical problem or bad injectors im stumped anyone have any ideas????

I would swap the stock tips back In and see if it goes away.

I have thought about it just hate to go through all that again lol, Doesn't make sense that it comes and goes tho I feel like if it was nozzles would do it everytime I drove it which truck only gets drove maybe once a week just depends... could injector body possibly be going bad ohm checked all injectors all read within a normal reading...

Really need to get a scanner on it and watch all the data.

We have a snap on scanner at the shop it can do a good bit but it cant shut injectors off/on and a couple other things, but everything reads fine as far as all the vitals that can be read from the scanner...havnt been able to get the truck to miss bad with the scanner on it yet tho ya never know when the miss is gonna come and go just driving me insane

Wade, my truck had the exact same intermittent miss when my stock injectors decided to die. Some days the truck would run fine, other days it missed and ran like schit.

A buddy of mine had an 06 that would stumble about every 30 seconds while at idle......and very intermittently at speed. Turned out his ECM was on the blink. Replaced it and all has been well. Hope that's not your case, but it is something to think about.

thanks for the input guys im debating on pulling in jectors and sending them off to be tested...did you send yours off to get tested purn?
I really hope it isn't ECM lol but I just want to find this problem
Rail pressure is fine while this happens stays around 10-12k while at light throttle running 60 RP isn't jumpy at all

I had a miss when I went from stock injectors to BBI 2's but it was strictly tuning related. I had too steep of a timing change at low loads building up to my cruise region that didn't cause any problems with the stock injectors, but did when I went bigger. Closed the gap a little and the miss is gone.