08 3500 No Power

childs25

Got a 2008 3500 that has been deleted and has EFI live by anarchy. Truck would almost go dead and had no proper when you pressed the pedal. Hold your foot on the brake and press the pedal and it would smoke the tires, let of the brake and truck would try to go dead again. It had several sensors bad so I replaced them and still no fix. Any ideas?

Just a question what all sensor have you replaced an what if any codes was the truck throwing. Also do you have access to a good scanner?

Mass Air, Map (on intake side), Coolant Temp, A/C Pessure and new crankcase filter. All codes were related to those sensors. I have a Snap pn scanner and have checked lift pump pressure through it and manually and checked the FCA as well. The fuel pressure drops to 3,000-5,000 when you hit the pedal. When you hold the break and hit pedal I see 10,000-16,000. I'm thinking CP3 is weak but truck fir a up without any issues.

Did this problem start all at once where you shut the truck off one night then come out an get in it an this BS started. I've seen failing cp3 have enough **** to start trucks just not run them right, not ruling tho. With your scanner check and see what your desired rail pressure is inconjuction with Actual. Your problem could be anything but if desired an actual is off we have a place to start troubleshooting. Also Quick thing to check would be pedal position make sure when u put it to the carpet it say a 100% throttle.

Sounds electrical to me. If you have a bunch of sensors that all throw codes it is usually due to them all being powered from the same failing circuit and the voltage is too low. When you say 'press the brake pedal and it smokes the tires' that also leads me to believe the circuit with the brake lights or brake light switch on the pedal may be the culprit. Food for thought.

That is Weird. Sounds like a ECM going south?

Does holding the brake hard allow it to move or just touching the peddle(enough to trigger the lights)?

I'm going to compare pressures tonight. I had to go out of town for work. You have to give the brake decent pressure before it'll allow power. Like I said the truck cranks on first turn over and idles and revs get in P & N. the customer doesn't maintain the truck the best is the reason for the sensors. I'm going to change the fuel filter as well and check the relief valve as well.

It just started last Thursday. He stopped to look at a job and when he started to leave the truck started this.

Might or might not apply to your problem, but my 08 was throwing a bunch of codes for faulty sensors a while back. Crank, MAF, CCV, TPS, etc... With sporadic loss of power. I spent half a day checking wire looms, sensor resistance, etc, etc... Before I thought BATTERIES. Both were showing 13 volts, but one had a bad cell, which shows good volts, but won't supply enough current. Replaced both with new Optimas and no more problems ��.

Haven't thought of that? I got a CA tester so I'll load them tomorrow and see. Thanks for the input. I just don't want to start throwing parts at it.

What's the best kit to use or way to test the CP3 pump? The snap on does a decent job but I'd like to see manual gauge reading before I point the finger that way.