08 tailgate

britton02f250

can someone tell what it takes to fit a 2008 tailgate f250 on an 02 f250. like what special mods. or how much trouble it is tahnks alot

I pretty sure it is the same tailgate other than it says superduty. that and the taillights are the only thing that make it different from your bed.

It would be cool to do. I like the steps in them.

yea my buddy works for a company that just got thier new trucks and they dony use the tailgate so he said he would get me one if i wanted. i just dont know if it will fit without haveing to do a;ot of mods.

I was walking buy one, and was sooo close to just taking the tailgate off and walking away...
opened it up and climbed on the step....
could have just thrown it in the truck and...

there's a guy @ superdutydiesel.com that has installed one, may can give you some help, goes by the name BAMASIXGUN.

u have to buy one bracket and thats it. Forgot if its the left or the right.

If you find out where to get the tailgates at a decent price, let me know. I would love to have one.

If you have the money I'd say go for it! I like the way they look on the back of the older Superdutys! :D

Also, can't you remove the torsion bar in the gate and just use your stock hinges?
I thought someone said that....

no idea on that..i was planning on just getting the bracket..and they are making some type of theft prevention contraption for them too..apparently the tailgate with the step are a hot theft item now..I am just waiting to find one on ebay..I need a new tailgate bad..pallet of shingles slid back and did a number on it..LOL

That's why you accelerate SLOWLY if you don't strap the pallet down LOL

Don't you have line-x in that biatch? Or did it slide even on that?

no line x..but I can assure you..once the new gate goes on..it will be done..I was beside a lincoln Mark VII..and i had to smoke him..he wanted some..

it was previously dented form my dad..so I just made it worse.

been wanting a tailgate step for a while now..so.. I am not upset.

3 08's in my neighborhood with the steps..good thing I am honest..lol

Just don't stack the pallet on top of a few sheets of plywood first.....defeats the purpose of the liner......trust me:badidea: The only thing that stayed in the truck was the bottom sheet, the other 15 sheets and 20 bundles of shingles had to be reloaded in the middle of the road.....AND they did have a few straps on them.:eek:wned:

thanks guys i know there was a salvage here in oklahoma that had a couple of them for $450.00 seemed pretty high for me but if any of you guys want me to check and see if they still have them let me know. i think they were white and red let me know britton.wood@yahoo.com