09 auto manual swap

cu2500

Im throwing the idea around of doing the swap on my 09 from the 68rfe to the g56. Who's done it? I've searched the threads and all i can find is the 48re swaps. Is it relatively the same or what else is there to do? Do i have to swap to a g56 or can I go to a nv5600? And how expensive is this swap if anybody has a ball park estimate. any input would be appreciated

It's the same as 48/47re to 4500/5600/g56.

You can use any of the dodge manual transmissions.

you just get a different adapter or what..? what about electronics

You pretty much swap the trans ,adapter plate,input gear on tcase. Pop a hole in the floor ,swap columns. Flash pcm to manual and your doneish depending on what it came out of driveshafts have to be modified as well

I have a 06 dodge that I changed from automatic to standard and I need to know what to do with the automatic transmission wires to make it run. Do I need to change the turbo? Do I need to change any of the wiring harness? I have not done anything to my ecm but I know I have to buy a new one for a standard transmission as of right now I have power loss.

I have a 06 dodge that I changed from automatic to standard and I need to know what to do with the automatic transmission wires to make it run. Do I need to change the turbo? Do I need to change any of the wiring harness? I have not done anything to my ecm but I know I have to buy a new one for a standard transmission as of right now I have power loss.

just did this this weekend in a friends truck, his was an 05 though.

either way, look for a plug that was hooked to your auto, itll be a 6 port plug, but with only 5 wires. kind of rectangular shaped. there will be 2 yellow/ blue tracer wires in this plug. take a wire of some sort and stick it in the ports of the connector where these two same colored wires are at. hop in the truck and see if it starts. if it does, you have just bypassed the neutral safety switch. after that, you can either wire these two together, or hook it to some sort of safety switch where yu have to push in the clutch pedal to start the truck.

as far as the computer thing, call BobWagner, or email him and get the recover tune to flash it with a Smarty to a standard ECM. or ive also read that the truck will run, just not as much power...

and no, you doont have to buy a new turbo, unless you want to go through the expense of changing onoe out...

hope this helps, good luck!