1-2 flare shift

HIGHGEAR05

what causes my transmission to flare up when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear? I checked my pressures at idle its 80psi and wot its 160psi

I have the same problem i think its from the increased pressure from the valve body and the fact us 05 and up guys have the tv motor instead of the cable, Ive heard that putting on a shift enhancher (from ts,dtt,suncoast,etc.) will fix the problem. Ill be ordering one soon untill then ill just live with it or put her to the floor cuz she shifts just fine thenLOL

yeah I here ya CarolineCummins, but I already have a DTT shift enhancer and its still doing it. Don't get me wrong, with the enhancer I notice the trans shifting better except with the 1-2 flare. I thought that maybe if the line pressure was a little higher it would fix it. Maybe someone will chime in that knows.

I have the shift enhanser and it still flares.

There is a new governor solenoid that is supposed to help with this and the 1-2 shift hunt under light throttle. I think there is a TSB out for this.

yes its the governor pressure solonoid in the tranny and yes there is a tsb out for it i think the dodge house said it was like $550 to fix it if not under warranty.

I have the same problem i think its from the increased pressure from the valve body and the fact us 05 and up guys have the tv motor instead of the cable, Ive heard that putting on a shift enhancher (from ts,dtt,suncoast,etc.) will fix the problem. Ill be ordering one soon untill then ill just live with it or put her to the floor cuz she shifts just fine thenLOL
Same here. I think mines 2-3 shift but WOT it's OK.

I have the shift enhanser and it still flares.

There is a new governor solenoid that is supposed to help with this and the 1-2 shift hunt under light throttle. I think there is a TSB out for this.

Any chance on a link to the TSB ? thanks !

yes its the governor pressure solonoid in the tranny and yes there is a tsb out for it i think the dodge house said it was like $550 to fix it if not under warranty.

Holy cow! Ok, the solenoid is like $110, so either they are charging a ton per hour or they are raping you on hours. All you have to do is pull the VB and replace the solenoid. Like 2 hours ish. Then you need 8-12qts of fluid and a filter.

You wouldn't happen to know the # for the solenoid would you ?

MIne does the 1 to 2 flare and wont shift until i lift the pedal a little, Only on WOT boosted launch.

Anyone have this and either the shift enhancer or the gov fix it?

oh and the shift enhancer does work great.The solenoids seem to last alot longer when u run it too.

have you guys tried adjusting the front trans band? i've had a few people with that problem and adjusting the band usually corrects it. the front band is adjustable externally on trans case, d/s by the manual valve and throttle valve levers.
1 Loosen the locknut 3-5 turns make sure adjusting screw turns freely in case.
2 Tighten adjuster screw to 72 in. lbs.

3 Back off adjuster 1 3/4 turns for diesels

4 Hold adjuster and tighten lock nut to 30 ft. lbs.

Hope this helps. should be about a 20 min job.

Well i dropped the pan yesterday to inspect and change filter. I guess a broken "heavy duty" band might cause the trans to not shift from 1 to 2 nd.

Now it gets to come out again. Any recomendations on what good parts to R&R while its out. I have a billet Imput, suncoast VB, laminated Flex and "heavy" duty clutches allthough im not sure what brand.

Im getting a Goerand Band lever, what else should I up grade?

Check out this site (PATC 46RE 47RE 48RE Transmissions, Performance Transmission A518, 518) The have a upgraded billet body along with a beefed up motor for $149. They have alot of part on this page so slowly scroll down about 3/4 of the way once all the pictures have loaded. Hope this helps..ROB

They just sell parts acquired elsewhere. They sure do a good job marketing though, as I swear that they come up in every transmission part search you do and nearly every transmission discussion.

I have bought parts from them and haven't had any problems with them. IMHO they are high priced though.

I *think* Suncoast sells that kit too? I know I've seen it elsewhere but I can't remember who all sells it.

Well i dropped the pan yesterday to inspect and change filter. I guess a broken "heavy duty" band might cause the trans to not shift from 1 to 2 nd.

Now it gets to come out again. Any recomendations on what good parts to R&R while its out. I have a billet Imput, suncoast VB, laminated Flex and "heavy" duty clutches allthough im not sure what brand.

Im getting a Goerand Band lever, what else should I up grade?

Why use a flex band? I'm guessing that is what broke before?

IMHO, use a rigid intermediate band.

are there any disadvantages to a rigid band? and yes it was a flex band that broke at the rivits. Took out some clutch as well.