1/2 ton chevy cummins

Supershot

What is it going to take to make a 12v into a 99' half ton chevy? This will be mainly a race truck seeing very little street use

First thing that will have to go it the IFS.....then some frame strengthening. Bigger rear axle.....would be a cool build though

it depends on if its gonna be 2wd couldn't you just add stiffer springs in the front and a larger rear axle? Then if its gonna be a racer, just pull out the sledge when your dropping it in to make room. :D

Thats true, I always forget some people actually want 2WD, LOL

IFS is fine for this application.

You will have to fab or purchase conversion motor mounts, tranny crossmember, driveshaft, intake/intercooler plumbing, engine cooling, etc...

There is a good bit more. But this will get you started.

~Wes~

go word in brother, hands down id have to say Ken at autoworld is THE way to go when it comes to a chevy conversion or any conversion for that matter. with all of kens parts, my truck is on the road and haulin' a$$.:evil

I put a 12v in a 72 chevy c10 it has stock springs only dropped it 11/4" from stock.I had a 400th didn,t last with my wife driving it I put a NV4500LD out of a chevy I like that better.
Dale

I just finished that same project but in a 81 chevy short bed 1/2 ton. Race only though. Very fun and quick build, 6 weeks or so from start to finish. If your concidering doing this kind of project build your own mounts, nothing to it. Wierd it even worked out that the factory tranny crossmember was right were i needed it! And being i used a powerglide it bolted right up with a solid mount. I sold the 12 bolt and built a 35 spline 9". Have fun with it....~Ryan~

I have my engine in a 87 Burb. It had the 350 with a 700R4 and with the stock engine mount location, the 727 fit right where the other cross member was. Very nice.

Jon