1 Ton short bed

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello all. I have a few questions on possibly back halfing a one ton. I have a 97 one ton dullay that is an extened frame truck. I really have my sights on a short bed. I have thought about selling it and finding a regular cab long bed 2500 and chopping it. Then i thought of finding a half ton short bed and doing a conversion with a cummins. I have this truck and it runs well i just thought maybe it would be easier and more benificial to just back half it. I thought i would ask here. I dont know what it would take to do it but would like some input on what it would take. I live in a small town in new mexico and a lot of guys here back half their race cars and maybe i could get some idea on it. Do you think it is doable or should i look for a half ton and convert it over? Thanks for the input. Robert

So you want a halfton shortbed or 1 ton? I say just get a halfton and put a diesel in it instead of chopping the frame

To tell you the truth either or. I was really trying to find out what would be the easiest. I already have the one ton and havent looked to hard at finding a short bed half ton. I really dont mind on either but i dont have a clue really where to start on back halfing and 4 linking and that would be closer to being done than finding another truck. Thanks Robert

To be honest im really just wanting a cool street truck that is different. I have the 4x4 already and just want a cool cruiser that is different. I would love to run the 11s if possible but not really needing to have a full on drag truck. I have the one ton and i bought it sight unseen and have been driving it for close to 2 years. It doesnt have a bed on it and well people make fun of it not having a bed and the paint peeling. I just want to turn it into something that i can make pretty wild and make them think twice on it. I dont know what it would take to back half it but it kind of passed through my mind on it just i dont have too much of a clue on back halfing and 4 linking it. My brother has a friend that is a certified welder and i figured he maybe could help me out. Thanks for the replys. Robert

Are you wanting to go with a custom dually bed like im running, or just back half and then put single wheel bed on it. I tell you its a big pain in the ass either way you go but they are fun and cool looking!

I really want to back half it and use a single rear wheel. Will i be able to use the stock dana 80 on it? The thing is the truck is the extended frame 11 foot long. Thanks guys.

Im still running a dana 80 under mine and had just had a set of eagle alloy star pattern dually wheels widened to 15" and running a 33x16.5x16r m/t slick on the back looks killer.