10 second 1st gen

Yea don't need that big of injector, i think a 5x14 would be more then enough fuel for what i want to do
Lmfao. I have a set of extrude honed 4 hole second gen marine nozzles on modified first gen bodies that would shame a 5x14. Lmao.

Come on man. LOL

What can't make power with 5x14's. I honestly think there is some more left in the stock injectors

I honestly like the 4 holed nozzles over the 5 holed on a VE. But again that's just personal preference.

There is a black 2wd "rat rod" I guess youd call it that races and I'm almost positive it's a VE pump. Runs mid 10's if I remember correctly. Like an early 30's ford pickup body or something similiar.
He started out with a 6.5 naturally aspirated GM diesel in it. I gave him my low milage hx35 off my truck so he can turbo it, he did and it ran much better. He was a regular at the division 5 races we had.... :rockwoot: Doug is phucking good peeps.

Didn’t Brad’s daughter cut a high 11 on a “stock” 12mm with just fuel? She did have the advantage of a lock up transmission though.

Its possible. Would be easier with a 47rh thou.

This is the post that matters most. Brad has been working on powerful VE trucks for a long time(Remember Stomp). His daughter races one as well. If he says it's possible, I wouldn't bet against it. He didn't say it would be easy though.

Didn’t Brad’s daughter cut a high 11 on a “stock” 12mm with just fuel? She did have the advantage of a lock up transmission though.

Yea I think an 11.60 something, im pretty sure it had a built motor, compounds, and 47rh, still impressive for a VE forsure.

Your probably right, the stock 4 holes are great
not stock, extrude honed..... Tried multiple sets...... Multiple pins, custom grinds, 3200, 3200 clipped, 3800, 3800 clipped and 4200- 4200 clipped gov springs, multiple AFC mods, fuel inlet mods to the ve, different lift pumps, lol. Been there. Graduated to 13mm p-pump. Lol.....

The aftermarket wouldn’t exist if you could make a jillion ponies with stock junk.
Big power rotary pumps would be more popular if they weren’t prone to seizing.
Lockup>non lockup, not even sure why this is an issue unless it’s just a “because I [think] I can”

I hope you get it figured out, regardless. Going fast is cool.

not stock, extrude honed..... Tried multiple sets...... Multiple pins, custom grinds, 3200, 3200 clipped, 3800, 3800 clipped and 4200- 4200 clipped gov springs, multiple AFC mods, fuel inlet mods to the ve, different lift pumps, lol. Been there. Graduated to 13mm p-pump. Lol.....

I cut the AFC lever off, a clipped 354 spring and a jumper to the ksb on my pump. Oh yea and and a tooth with the pump pushed over to the head.

Yea a 30's ford is not a 1st gen. Thats a cool truck tho only weights 3050 with driver. help tune that thing back in the day.
You said you helped tune it back in the day, yet dont know if it's a Ford or Chevy. LOL

Dude that was like 6 years ago lol, plus all the trucks looked the same in those years.

Quitter!

My “big set” is 138* 5x18 that flow 6.3 or something like that? Been a while..

OP, chase the dream, I hope you make it! It’s a lofty goal but you are using that silly gas that scares most VE guys.

Dude that was like 6 years ago lol, plus all the trucks looked the same in those years.
Glad to see you back man....you’ve been 11s already haven’t you? I think a badass transbrake launch and a little more weight loss would do 10s.

If I remember right Tom Collins made 609rwhp with a 12mm on w/m and spray, that could do 10s I think.

Glad to see you back man....you’ve been 11s already haven’t you? I think a badass transbrake launch and a little more weight loss would do 10s.

No that 12.3 was my quickest pass. You need to get your truck to the track.

Lmfao. I have a set of extrude honed 4 hole second gen marine nozzles on modified first gen bodies that would shame a 5x14. Lmao.

Come on man. LOL

You like those do ya? :Cheer:

OP, I think the problem with your posts is the use of the word "easy".... It's a slap in the face to drag racers. The faster you go the harder 10ths are to come by. I do wish you luck on your quest, and look forward to seeing your progress.

Last edited:
Back