1000+ Single GTX4508R

rjp

Go or Blow
Been looking for the fuel only 1000hp with this single for a while. I decided to give it one more shot with another set of injectors. below is the before and after graph while running the exact same tune; and the Dyno run to go along with them. Numbers on the street/Track are significantly higher than that on the Dyno. The old injector Pull netted me around 1068ish on the track per Comp D calculator, so im guestimating around 1150 with the new injectors on the street. Never the less I hit my goal and very happy with a solid 1000+ single charger Daily driver.

[ame="http://s772.photobucket.com/user/ronniepene/media/IMG_20140929_165022315.jpg.html"]IMG_20140929_165022315.jpg Photo by ronniepene | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s772.photobucket.com/user/ronniepene/media/Screenshot_2014-09-27-16-51-04.png.html"]Screenshot_2014-09-27-16-51-04.png Photo by ronniepene | Photobucket[/ame]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbsUkviYxQ

Compounds have their place but simplicity and a decent spooling single was my goal. Not a race truck by no means as it weighs in at 8350 with myself included.

Under normal driving its virtually smoke free.

It's crazy you CR guys can do that. Kinda sucks for us mechanical guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Yeah im perfectly happy with the results for sure. Erick is my bad influence for sure, he managed to make my wife hate me more and more every day. Lol!!!

Never the less its been a pleasure dealing with those guys! I will make plans to take a trip and visit one of these days.

It's crazy you CR guys can do that. Kinda sucks for us mechanical guys

Sorry! I have Zero experiance on anything older than my 08. I hear it all the time but have never experianced it for myself.

Here i am four motors later and i think i have it right this time. Lol

What was the 4 engine issue?

Congrats on the numbers, what's the drive pressure and boost on your big tine? Are you running a spool valve or anything like that?

Ugh long story!!
Numerous head gaskets to start.
Many turbo combinations.
Scattered motor at 120MPH
Rebuilt and trans took a hit which in turn wiped out the rear main in 900miles.
Rebuilt and retuned with new turbo setup and bent Crank. 3800 pulse 40* Timing.
Rebuilt - Current motor.

No excuses really. Learned as i went due to not wanting to ask for help. besides back then the 6.7 was new and no one was doing anything with them. Its also kind of hard to get valuable info in this sport without personally knowing anyone that can give you reliable pointers. Now i can say I've meet a lot of good people throughout the process and its made every penny i spent worth it!!!

Congrats on the numbers, what's the drive pressure and boost on your big tine? Are you running a spool valve or anything like that?

My drive doesnt reach Max boost of 58ish. As i reach 130mph it will be about 52psi

Drive climbs very slow while under WOT, This was noticed on the last build after the side mount and head work.

No spool aid of any kind. Many pics on my photobucket if you care to navigate it.

[ame="http://s772.photobucket.com/user/ronniepene/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140913_152211221.jpg.html"]IMG_20140913_152211221.jpg Photo by ronniepene | Photobucket[/ame]

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Didn't think the 45 turbine had it in it for the 1k. Now imagine two more blowing into it.

Last edited:
Post IMG code and it'll look like this instead.

Congrats!!!

IMG_20140929_165022315.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-27-16-51-04.png

IMG_20140913_152211221.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Didn't think the 45 turbine had it in it for the 1k. Now imagine two more blowing into it.

I was beginning to wonder myself. We could have tweaked the duty cycle a bit more and gained a little but I didn't figure it would be enough to worry with. This was an average rail pressure of 25k logged with EFI.