12 Second Dually?

dwebb16

Hey guys was wondering if this was even possible, a VP getting a dually down the track 12 seconds in a quarter mile. Let's start with my mod list and see what I should change or upgrade in order to achieve this goal.

2001 Dually. 285's Hankook
Super B special
Afe air filter
7x011s
Quadzilla adrenaline(comp tune)
Fass 150
Head Studs
SO VP 44

What should I add or change to help me?

I would go with a little bit bigger turbo and probably different injectors there are a few vendors on here that can point you in the right direction and you will probably want to switch to an HO pump.

You most definitely DO NOT want to swap to a HO pump!!!! Its been proven time and again the so pump are the way to go we actually had better luck with them than most of the modified pumps on the market.

Looks to me that you will need more air and more injector, edge comp box one of the older tst or a redline box and yes its very possible..

You most definitely DO NOT want to swap to a HO pump!!!! Its been proven time and again the so pump are the way to go we actually had better luck with them than most of the modified pumps on the market.

Looks to me that you will need more air and more injector, edge comp box one of the older tst or a redline box and yes its very possible..

X2 on the so pump..wish i would have known this when i was a vp truck.

Yeah I'm talking to Weston about a set of his 6x013s. Defiantly was thinking a 66 too more air to help get the extra 2 tires up and going especially for a better 60 ft time. I know that can make all the difference. I already have a BD RAD box but probably going to need a TC lock up switch

Yeah I'm talking to Weston about a set of his 6x013s. Defiantly was thinking a 66 too more air to help get the extra 2 tires up and going especially for a better 60 ft time. I know that can make all the difference. I already have a BD RAD box but probably going to need a TC lock up switch

and yeah wasn't planning on changing my SO pump... lol

there are many duallies in the 12's. if i could have got traction, my VE pumped 1stgen dually would have been in the 12's. is yours a 2wd or 4wd?

467.7 or 66 with some 6x.013" would get my vote. I'm running 7x012" with a s366 and havent ran 1/4 but have ran mid 8 1/8th launching soft which would be a low 13 high 12ish

Im curious to see what mine runs this summer. Small set of twins and 150hp injectors with an so pump.

My old scrap heap went 12.59 with a ppump, Mach 5's, cam, backyard port job, super b special and watermeth....the only time it was on a dyno it did 643... Not sure if that helps you any. Truck was a 1999 with 4.10 and a goerend transmission.

467.7 or 66 with some 6x.013" would get my vote. I'm running 7x012" with a s366 and havent ran 1/4 but have ran mid 8 1/8th launching soft which would be a low 13 high 12ish

sounds similar to mine with a soft launch.

to the one that suggested the HO pump.......:nail:

Yeah I been wanting to ask about the 467.7 for awhile now... every dyno number I have seen with it, it lays down impressive numbers. I think air is very important with us VP guys since were limited to injector size and flow and RPM'S

i was extremely happy with it on my truck. even more so now with the p-pump. on a soft launch i was running low 8's consitently and high 7's with a hard launch and that was with a worthless edge. not sure how that will translate to your heavier truck though. any idea what it weighs?

I had it weighed one time with a couch in the back and it was 7400 or 7500. So give or take a couple hundred pound. I don't really think it was far off of my buddies 04.5 short bed. I think I was only like 200 pounds more then him. I think my 2 extra tires is what slows us down a lot

7400 is pretty heavy. You're going to need some power. high 12's shouldn't be that hard though. I would stick with a 366, 6x.013's and a good tuner. Practice getting off the line and you should be good.

sounds similar to mine with a soft launch.

to the one that suggested the HO pump.......:nail:

Yep, Like a 2.1 60. I know there is alot more in it by just getting it off the line. but I have so much goin, I can't afford to break. It's about to change though, as the pee-pee pump is sitting here just waiting to go on, once I can get all the small stuff bought.

Back