12 valve into a 1951 Dodge m37

killed300ex

So I got the truck a couple months ago and have been looking for a parts truck for a swap since. My 94 broke and decided to upgrade daily drivers and use that as a parts truck. Planning on swapping the whole drivetrain (axles trans transfer case ect.) Hoping to make the truck 700hp or so on fuel. Going to be using it as a mud truck/offroad vehicle maybe an occasional trip to the drags. Plannin on keeping it street legal for weekends ect as well but driveablitly isnt huge. Plannin on running just a large single wondering if you guys have any recommendations as for a turbo/ injector setup since I will not be running an intercooler since the lack of room. I was leaning towards a s400 and a set of 200+ hp injectors, plannin on having some pump work done to my 913 pump as well. Planning on a big water meth and nitrious system to attempt to keep temps in check when my foot gets a little heavy and spool the turbo. Hoping to start on motor/ trans mounts in the next couple weeks as I have some time off from work. Here are some pictures of the parts truck towing the m37 home and some of the teardown so far
P5080032.jpg

P5080034.jpg

P5080035.jpg

After I cleaned out the old engine bay a bit its going to be a tight squeeze thinking I might have to make some firewall modifications to make it all fit but whatever it takes im for it
P5080035.jpg

P6200138.jpg

Let us know what all you have to do to make it fit. My Dad has one of those at home that I have been trying to get him to put a 12v in.

from the measurement iv taken its either cut into the firewall or move the radiator forward and more than likely run pusher fans before the radiator rather than havin them behind it pulling air as its that tight. but ill let you know for sure as soon as I start sitting the motor into the frame

started on figuring out how id fit the motor and such into the frame today. I could fit the motor in the engine bay without any cutting if I ran the radiator in the bed of the truck. Wondering if anyone had done this on a truck that got drivin on the road/trails not just a dedicated mud truck. Would be about 8-10 feet of hose to get to the bed then would use a radiator with a couple electric fans, do you guys think that would keep the motor cool enough for all kinds of driving??

I'm surprised a 12V won't fit in the hole. Wasn't the original engine an inline Continental 6 cylinder?

I'm surprised a 12V won't fit in the hole. Wasn't the original engine an inline Continental 6 cylinder?

yes but the engine was only a 230CI motor and i want to say almost 8-10 inchs shorter. Id have to measure it to get an exact length on the old motor and its raning outside.

The cummins is 7 1/2" longer than the original motor Which was somewhat tight front to back already. I am just going to run the radiator in the back and hope for the best. Ill plumb most of it with metal lines and hopefully it will work out.

Good luck woth the conversion. I cant help you any on the radiator in the bed. I've never been around a truck that I can remember with one mounted back there and your circumstances.

I think alot of arena and baja trucks run with their cooling systems in the bed. a friend of mine runs his in the bed of his s-10 and it is a small block turbo motor. He uses an electric water pump to transfer the water. I am not sure how a 12v compares to any of these. Good luck

cummins swap...

i have done this look, at my avatar. you would be better off doing a body swap onto the 1994 frame. after all the mods to a cummins, you will twist the frame. give me a call and i can steer you in the right direction.(715)-965-4163.