12mm or 13mm pump

crash4wd

Ok I looking to buy a pump for my truck and wanna know what pump u guys think I should run I looking to make it a weekend track truck with twins can 13m pump be run on street

RonA has been running one for a long time. I've had one on my 24v for the better part of a year, but I've only put on about 60 km. Mine has a real sensitive pedal, makes driving smoothly a challenge. I'm sure my manual transmission accentuates it a bit too.

I ran a 13mm 24v on the street a long time with a set of twins. Only time I had smokey issues was when I switch to a set of really big injectors.

Nice I just wasn't to sure if it can be done I know I can make power a lot easier with 13 just wanted make sure I wouldn't be too bad on street

Nice I just wasn't to sure if it can be done I know I can make power a lot easier with 13 just wanted make sure I wouldn't be too bad on street

What are your power goals? A TON of power can be made with a 12mm pump

I not sure about HP I would like to get low 11s out of ext cab short bed I thinking its going have to be in 800 area I would like to do it no nitrous

I not sure about HP I would like to get low 11s out of ext cab short bed I thinking its going have to be in 800 area I would like to do it no nitrous
I would stick with a benched 180 or 215. 13mm isn't needed for what you want IMO.

ya i heard that u can make power with 12mm but i heard that the 13mm was alot easier to get the power i was just wondering the pro and cons oof using 13mm

13mm bosch style quick rate cam, injector selection will be very important. It will drive fine on the street

Last edited:
It's quite a bit easier to make 800hp with a 13mm pump. Don't fear them. They are touchier, but you get used to it. An injector/dv combo that is giving you 650-675hp with a good 12mm pump will make 800 with a mild 13mm. It will burn cleaner at the same power level too.

The pump costs more, but you will save in the long run on injectors trying to find the magic ones that will make 800 with your 12mm pump and still be streetable.

Its not even close comparison in price. A 13 is 2-3 times as much a 12 can be had for.

When I was PMing Seth quite a while back, it was about $1000 for the B&P assemblies. If you're into a pump swapping cams, then the labour is going to be the same. I had a 160 pump built up with a different cam and gone through. Same price as the 13mm I bought with 1 hr of run time on it. Guess which one runs better.

From the monetary aspect the 12mm is cheaper by far. I maxed out my 12mm for a street drag truck and my brother went with a 13mm for pulling. I had 1000 in my 180 maxed and flowed which that price included buy my pump. My brother had a 160 pump that was maxed and flowed and upgraded to a 13 and had 2500 in his from the same place I had mine done. For a truck driven everyday I would vote for the 12mm.

I already have 12 and wanna send it out get benched ansd get set injectors match but I not sure if I wanna upgrade it to 13

I already have 12 and wanna send it out get benched ansd get set injectors match but I not sure if I wanna upgrade it to 13
Unless your gonna get big enough chargers for the 13mm, its overkill. Most don't have enough turbo /s to clean up their 12mm pumps.

It sounds like you want a 13 though. If you got 3g's or so to spend, have at it.

From the monetary aspect the 12mm is cheaper by far. I maxed out my 12mm for a street drag truck and my brother went with a 13mm for pulling. I had 1000 in my 180 maxed and flowed which that price included buy my pump. My brother had a 160 pump that was maxed and flowed and upgraded to a 13 and had 2500 in his from the same place I had mine done. For a truck driven everyday I would vote for the 12mm.

This^ is what I wanted to post, just too lazy.

Back