12mm or 13mm pump

Bsmith- I've been in a tractor for 14 hrs so I had time to do that little write up.

Crash- I am running 12.54's on my set up which you can find in the drag racing section on here and I haven't even utilized all of my fuel and I am out of air on my S465. Now it is your money and you can do whatever you want. My opinion is that if you are going to want to dd your truck and have fun with it a 12mm pumped maxed and flowed will be enough fuel for you.

Also a low 11sec street truck? Is there any out there? I would think anything mid 11's and lower would just be too done up to drive on the street on a consistent basis.

I mean I would deff have to de tune it run it everyday but from what I seen it is possible

Anyone else notice, that all of the guys with 13mm pumps, all say do it, and all the guys with 12mm pumps say don't... $.02

Anyone else notice, that all of the guys with 13mm pumps, all say do it, and all the guys with 12mm pumps say don't... $.02

That's why I've decided there's no point in posting on any more of these 13mm pump threads.

I noticed that last night. Got me kind of interested in a 13mm pump.

Well if you have a 13mm in mind what is stopping you? Everyone has an opinion, by the sounds you can get a fast weekend warrior and still drive it as a DD, my advice would be to do it then you have your own voice on the subject, and know first hand what you can do. It's just like any other Internet thread, take others experiences into consideration and make your own move, just my .02!

Sent from the road!!!!!
03 lb7 CC/LB

Can a 13mm be driven without backin out the road or is it just more diffcult to do than with a 12mm pump.

Well if you have a 13mm in mind what is stopping you? Everyone has an opinion, by the sounds you can get a fast weekend warrior and still drive it as a DD, my advice would be to do it then you have your own voice on the subject, and know first hand what you can do. It's just like any other Internet thread, take others experiences into consideration and make your own move, just my .02!

Sent from the road!!!!!
03 lb7 CC/LB
Yeah if you got cash to spare, have at it. I could get 2 shíts less on what he gets.

Id get a 13 if I had the cash, not cause I need it but so I can be as cool as everyone else that has one.

i was just going through the same thing as you trying to decide which to get. I dd my truck all year long and drag race it. i went with a maxed 12mm just for the dd part, and when it gets done i should be in the 11's no problem. Alot of power can be made with a 12mm.

I have both a 12mm pump and a 13mm pump.... I got sick of playing around with the 13mm. Randomly jumping timing, to way to aggressive throttle response especially when towing, extremely touchy gov. springs, it just became too much(for my application)... Could I live with it, yep, could I play with it more, absolutely.... For my truck, Daily Driven (meaning driving to the city/ going to work/ getting caught in traffic/ Towing my race cars/ toys) I'll stick with the 12mm... It just made 923 on 7x12's at only 25.5* of timing ~500cc 12mm pump... in fact I towed my 24' trailer with my supra to the dyno with it(reason for being at 25.5 on the dyno).

When I see a question asked, 12 or 13 in a street application for 800hp, from my experience and the best of my knowledge, I'd go 12... can it be done on a 13, I do believe so, I'd just build it a touch on the mild side. :Cheer:

Last edited:
I wasn't trying start anything I just wanted know what works the best I not trying do things twice

I've had a 12v with a 12mm and a 24v with a 13mm. Both worked great with a mild set of twins i had. Just a simple hx40 over an ht3b. The 12mm had plenty of fuel for that setup. Both were pretty touchy on the street but I could drive them smoothly on the street after just a little getting used to. So the 12mm would probably be good for what you're looking for but if you ever decide to build something big the 13mm would make it easier to fuel it. IMO

Its your $$$$$ man. Do the research and make the call. Either way will work. Just like stated above. Are you gonna wanna go bigger once you get started???

Back