12v-24vppump

CumminsDriver

BAM BAM
friend of mine has 94 12v and i got to thinkin the other day (scary i know) if we can take the 12v head off and put a 24v head on and basicly make it a p pumped 24v? or can you only use a 24v complete motor to do it? If we can take the 12v head off and swap it what all would we need?

You need to change the pistons for the centered injector. The cam should probably be changed, since the rocker ratios are different. If you have a 24v and a 12v already, the only other thing you will need is the injector lines, and adapt the return line from the back of the head.

Personally, I wouldn't put a 24v head on a 12v, not enough advantages to warrant it, and its more expensive than 12v parts, especially when you start looking into retainers, locks and bridges.

you'll need the pistons as well as the camshaft.

24v cam is a bit more aggressive, and the combustion chamber bowls are centered in the 24v, the 12v is offset.

edit: damn took the words out of my mouth.

ok thats what i figured since i havent seen any thing like i described i knew there had to be a reason...so we are better off just getting a 24v and p pumping it from there? is there a website or something that will tell me everything i need to get to p pump?

I think Piers and Scheid and probably several others will sell a kit, but it is pricey. You are better off to source what you can yourself and then buy the rest from them.

Eric

he is talking about my 12 valve daily driver i just bought a week ago. I like it like it is. I told sean aka cumminsdriver I would consider the swap if the parts, labor, and beer are free. Looks like that wont happen! :hehe:

Same idea but new question. I'm pickin up a 12v that im gonna make into a budget puller, just to mess around at local pulls, and it has a knock in it. I'm not sure how bad it is but its held together with the knock for 10's of thousands of miles and still runs fine. I know someone with a 24v that had the 53 block go in it so I was gonna pick it up and use the 12v block with the 24v internals and head. That and the cool factor of a p-pump 24v. Think its worth it or just fix the 12v?

Same idea but new question. I'm pickin up a 12v that im gonna make into a budget puller, just to mess around at local pulls, and it has a knock in it. I'm not sure how bad it is but its held together with the knock for 10's of thousands of miles and still runs fine. I know someone with a 24v that had the 53 block go in it so I was gonna pick it up and use the 12v block with the 24v internals and head. That and the cool factor of a p-pump 24v. Think its worth it or just fix the 12v?

Fix the 12v. $.02