12V conversion relay questions

MOPSD250

Getting ready to finish my conversion with the wiring. I wanna run the fuel shutoff off of a relay was gonna use the starter relay (for the hot while cranking) and either the PCM or FICM relay for (hot all the time). Can anyone tell me what the amps are off of these relays? Or chime in and tell me im an idiot and do it another way.Open for suggestions. Thanks

The purpose of running relays is that they dont take any amperage to activate/deactivate them.

Well see I just learned something! I'm a lil slow with wiring but I learn fast. So would you say that would be an ok way to go? If not please feel free with the advice im all ears

shutoff wiring

Mops,

I have done several cummins swaps and if I were you I would run two bosch 30/40 amp relays, one for the continuous coil and one for the start side. You can trigger them off any "hot while start" and "hot while run" sources, this will isolate the fuel shut-off coil in the event it fails and wont fry your ecm or anything else. I have seen many OE shutoff coils fail and smoke the wiring, Woodward makes a replacement solenoid that is a far better unit and will usually last 10 times what the OE coil will. at least you know that there is a start and run side to that coil, i have seen too many times where people have just hooked the start side up to continuous power and cant figure out why coils only last a few weeks! Hope this helps

oh yeah by the way, even if your wiring completely smoked, you wouldn't be an idiot. the fact that your dropping a Cummins under the hood proves that!!

I just used a starter a solenoid I had.
Taped into the wire going to the starter.

Big Matt, the starter relay will work but if he is going to tap into an ecm signal a starter relay will draw too much amperage and possibly burn the ecm up. the ecm outputs should have no more than 3-500ma load and a starter relay will draw 500-1200ma. if you use a ign switch source then the starter relay will work fine. Bosch style relays are about 5.00 w/pigtail and draw less than 50ma and can handle 30/40a and are very reliable. just my $.02