12v Cummins into 2001 Super Duty and 7.3L OUT!!

Here are the new fans.
i have figured the bracket out. i am going to have my buddy cut it out for me tomorrow.
will post more pics as soon as it is in.

Attachments

• DSC01376.jpg
    DSC01376.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 26
clock the turbo... your going to bake the oil inside that little hx with it on its side

SSpeeDEMONSS: I think they should they Are 14''

flowmasters40: Thanks Bud!!!!

YOUNG GUNS15: Please Elaborate!

Thanks,
Brad

the red shows 2 of the 4 bolts the you need to loosen. then you can rotate the center of the turbo so that the drain(circled in blue) faces straight down.

turbodrain.jpg

Garrett

SSpeeDEMONSS: Yes but, the reason it is that way is because when i turn it the turbo hits the manifold. that is as far as i could turn it. any tips

Thanks,
Brad

what hits the manifold? you need to figure something out to get it clocked right.

Garrett

Prob talking about the compressor housing. You have to spin both the turbine and compressor housings, in other words you have 3 pieces that can be spun in any direction, manifold locates ex housing, center section has oil feed on top and drain on bottom, and the compressor housing can be rotated to the same location you have it in now so it clears. You usually have to throw some heat on the turbine housing to get the center section loose, throw it back on the truck loose with antiseize and adjust as you want.

I finally got the tranny in.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
got the fans bolted up to a bracket i designed and had laser cut and bent up.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 13
Red Stroke: the 14'' fans are around $69 and the mount was $60 from a buddy. I will let you know how they work!!! I am almost done with the conversion, now i am goingh to start on the lift.

I have decided to go with 24'' custom steel wheels and 38'' kumhos for a low Stout LOOK for the SOOT LIFE Show Truck!!

i like it...im actually putting a 12v in a 02 superduty right now too. did one with a nv4500 about 6 months ago. keeping the ford tranny in this one. i would def. learn how to clock your turbo and redo the boost tube to the intercooler. trust me the bearings wont like the oil just sitting in there like that.

cumminsontheroc: I have already clocked the oil feed/drain section.

I put the driveshaft, bolted the tranny crossmember, clutch assembly, and fans in.

drove the truck around the yard, RUNS GREAT!!! i cant wait to get it on the road.:rockwoot:

It will be at TCR next weekened!!:Cheer:

cumminsontheroc: I have already clocked the oil feed/drain section.

I put the driveshaft, bolted the tranny crossmember, clutch assembly, and fans in.

drove the truck around the yard, RUNS GREAT!!! i cant wait to get it on the road.:rockwoot:

It will be at TCR next weekened!!:Cheer:

nice man!! wish i was going to make it next weekend but i have way to much to do. sucks because my truck was on the flier! lol

IMAG0184.jpg

Back