12v f350 questions

04_6.0

F350 12v
I am in the process of putting a 12v in a 04 f350 and have a few questions. I am wanting to get the cruise to work on my rig i have a servo out of an 03 f150 to bolt into place. My question is where do i splice into my factory harness to make it work correctly. Has anyone done this on their truck and gotten it work good. I searched buit didnt find any real information on this. Also is there anyway to get the tach to work without spending the coin on a unit from destroked. Could i machine 58 grooves in my factory balancer? Thats a lot of work though and i am pretty sure the machine shop would charge me a good bit though. Thanks for any help on this yall.

the cruise works fine in my truck, a service manual is your best friend. get the tach kit.

Is there any way to get a manual online. Ive read a lot of post by you and if you say get the kit i shall. Does the cruise tie in under the dash or in the engine carpment area? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
remove the wires from the pcm in the engine compartment and attach them to the cruise module.

so i have another question is everyone running the 12v a/c? ive built a mount to use the 6.0 alt i was just wondering what everyone else had done with the a/c. Thanks

Im using the Dodge AC compressor in my swap, in the factory location. Get some new lines made up, and you should be all set. The 2 wires going to the Ford AC compressor work the same as the 2 wires going to the Dodge AC compressor.

Ok i have tried to get the cruise to work but no dice. Any help i went to the dealership for help but they didnt offer any.

buy ford cummins manual its 20 bucks and it will answer all your questions..you need a servo out of a f- 150,i would go with de stroked for the tach ring the ford cummins runs a little fast.the ac compressor will work off the 12 v you just need the ac manifold lines off the 7.3 because the 6.0 are 3/4 inch lines the 7.3 you can have the hoses built

Yeah i have the servo and wire plug i just can not figure how to wire it up. I found the plug under the dash and the VSS plugin also can i just splice it in under the dash? How did you do your no mo6.0?

Ok so i got the cruise control working great. Now i moved on to the a/c. Is there anyway to make it work i used the ford 6.0 compressor and lines. I am not getting power to the a/c clutch and the fuse is good. is there a relay that isnt in the owners manual. From what i have gathered i have to have the tach to work to get the a/c to come on? Is there any way around this. like to give power to the relay or something. Any help is greatly appericated.