12v half ton swap?

7inchstack

diesel dork
okay i dont no if this is the right place to post this but here it goes. ive been tosing around the idea of swaping my engine/drivetrain into a 99 single cab short bed 4x4. what all am i looking at here, will the half ton spring work ok? i dont tow at all with this truck. will the gauge cluster work? this truck is obviously a gas engine so the tach reads up to 6k i think? anyways will i have to re wire the hole thing or should it all kinda drop in with little fab work. i can get the complete truck for $1000 bucks minus the engine so i figure i could sell the axles and what not to help offset the cost. and last qustion give me all your opinons on if i should do it or not. or would it be easier to just shorten my truck?

i would go with an older truck less wires is the motor auto or manual

if you already have a cummins reg cab long bed, i would just shorten it.
Buy that truck for $1000, use the bed and part the rest out including your old bed. You will come out waay ahead that way.

Buy that truck for $1000, use the bed and part the rest out including your old bed. You will come out waay ahead that way.

The 1/2 Ton Springs and Front Axle are to light in the front. Just cut the Frame and keep the 3/4 Ton Drivetrain. Way less work.

i would do this..

correctamundo

Not saying it is a perfect match but my drag truck has Gen 1 1/2 ton front suspension. Consisting of stock and off the shelf 1/2 ton replacement parts. Nothing is aftermarket or beefed up but the fame in the front.

He is talking 4x4 though, the half ton front wont hold up.

i kinda like that idea of just cutting/shorting mine then i wont have to swap all the drivetrain over. but im still thinking if i really wanna start another project..lol