12V in a 51 chevy pickup

ME.

master bus boy
I am in the process of putting a 12V in a 51 pickup. Here is a link to the build page.

my chevy, gmc, chevy, dodge build - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

DSC01726.jpg

Last edited:
That's how mine looked till I got springs for it, very cool you will love it!

Very very cool build. Just wondering, what are you going to do on beefing the S10's front suspension? Hard to say if all of the suspension components will handle all that weight of the 12v.

Very very cool build. Just wondering, what are you going to do on beefing the S10's front suspension? Hard to say if all of the suspension components will handle all that weight of the 12v.
LOL They will work fine...

Oh, and nice build OP!

very cool man Im building a 55 1st series with a 12 valve so far your doing everything I would like to do.

You should post pix over here too, instead of linking us over to the other site.

I will post some but probably not as many. I didn’t want to link it over but I really don’t have the extra time to have the exact same thread on several different boards. But I have to share with my fellow diesel gearheads.

Looking good man, did you have to cut extra firewall out to fit the turbo? Im not doing a procharger just going with a stock setup for now Im going to turn the manifold over so it will be on top but its looking like the down pipe is going to be right in the cab.

Yea the cab is cut allot. I will build some twins for it when the time comes and they will be crammed in there somewhere.

Nice I love that body style. My cousin has a 53 chevy with a gas engine in it and I love that style of truck. Keep us updates with Pics. Great Job.

I got the rear mostly done, the frame boxed and built a cage for the fuell cell
DSC01793.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

I have been very busy with this truck and now it is road worthy for the most part. (I do have a few more thing to do but it can and has been driven on the street and in traffic)

DSC01951.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02136.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02137.jpg

DSC02135.jpg

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02133.jpg