12v into 96 3500 chevy 2WD

lilredranger

It's prolly broke...
I know there is alot on the cummins swap to replace the 6.5L chevys, but I can't find much on a 2WD chevy swap. can I get away with just using a few in body lift/cowl hood or will i need to scrap the IFS and make it a 4wd strait axle? I would prefer to keep it as a 2wd so i'm less temped to mod it, it needs to be a reliable, yet cool truck to tow the toys. any help would be appreciated. if it is too much hassle I may not even buy the 6.5L, (which is super cheap for a nice truck, I have an almost complete 12v ready to go for it, and it doesn't sound like a tough swap if you have 4wd IFS to a strait axle.

I'm in the process of doing the same except my Chevy is a 4x4, personally I would think doing a 2wd swap would be easier, If you choose to make your own motor mounts or buy a good set, it will sit the engine down far enough you should not need a body lift. I had to use a 1" body lift but that was just because I needed room to put my transfer case in the proper place (divorced Dana 24) to get my driveline angles in a better place.

I used to post up in all these chevy conversion threads as I have done 3 now.

Im just sick of hearing Im wrong from people that saw one , once. LOL

If you have any problems shoot me a PM and I can at least tell you how I solved it on one of mine.