12v into a 67-72 C20

pulltilbroke

Last trailer park hero
Just wondering if anyone here has put a 6bt in to a 67-72 c20, How easy was the swap how much fabrication is involved(I'm not afraid of fabbing stuff up)

I got a spare motor and a rebuilt NV4500 and was having some Ideas[duhhh]

This truck will get used as a daily driver and a tow rig for my 1st gen puller

This is what were startin with
67.jpg

Yeah, I've always wanted to do this swap and now I have most of the parts to do it. Its also getting a pickup box back on it

This was my first truck in high school and it got the snot beat out of it, its a wonder it survived

BTW has anyone used the Avalanche Engineering Xmember, are they worth the 400$ they want for em

You're doin the swap I want to do in 5 yrs. or less. I think the 67-72s are the best lookin Chevys they ever made. I hope to get a 67 K-20 and make it a ex. cab short-bed on 38s. DON'T STEAL MY IDEA, I WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO HAVE ONE LIKE THAT:kick: :rockwoot: I've heard the avalanche engine mount is a waste of money and there is something cheaper than that one but I can't remember the name of the Co. Check out 4btswaps.com, you might a cheaper mount on there

i have contemplated on doing the same swap in a 69 k20 or swaping the body onto a 88-98 ifs frame since its the same wheel base.:poke: but it would be the easiest truck to wire up lol well in my case since i have kept everything mechanical but even with the few gauges you would probably need it would be pretty simple.

i have been told to use something as a sound deadener or you wont be able to hear yourself think lol

In my research and planning stage I have found that it is a lot easier to swap a 6bt into a 4x4

Yeah the wiring wont be nothin to worry about on a mechanical motor