12v into an 04.5

milldog

Yup...
Going to start planning on a 12v swap into my 04.5 and was wondering what to do with electronics. Anyone have experience with this? Am I ditching the 04.5 ECM all together, or am I useing certian circuits from it? Not too familiar with the electronics on a 12v yet...Can I use a harness from a donor truck? Or are there companies than make electronics for swaps like this? All help is appreciated.

Daniel

BTT, since I was wondering the same thing for an 06' or later truck...

I think it would be best to use the cr wiring and cut off what you dont need, you can use the crank sensor and ring off the cr for a tach and the oil and water sensors. Is your truck an auto?

why

why

why
Why not. Tired of all these computers...
I think it would be best to use the cr wiring and cut off what you dont need, you can use the crank sensor and ring off the cr for a tach and the oil and water sensors. Is your truck an auto?

Yes it is an auto. Was also wondering if the bellhousing and flexplate are the same bolt patterns.

Jeff Garmons done this to a 3rd dully..

Call him or see him at TS...He can ed-jew-ma-cate-cha!!

the amount of work put into a 12V swap seems counterproductive for a CR platform, that's all.

I have heard (heard) that the engine adapter is very close but not the same but the 12v rh/47re will bolt to the 48re trans so that said I'd just look for the auto adapter for the 12er

I'm p-pumping my 04.5...call it counter productive or whatever you want...at the moment it's more cost effective than building a CR that will stay together. I converted the 48RE valve body to manual shift.

like he siad ^ why not just p pump the cr then there's no worrys about the tranny.

I ve done this to a buddys 06 with a manual trans do to melting the pistons. The 12v swap was cheaper than a rebuild, 800 dollers for a 2wd 95 the old man we bought the truck from thought it needed glow plugs. I poped the hood reached in held the shut off up and told him to hit the key. You should of seen the look he gave me as i drove it off.

like he siad ^ why not just p pump the cr then there's no worrys about the tranny.

The tranny isnt a must, if I need to I will swap that too. Im tired of reading and worrying about all these CR melting. I also like the idea of less moving parts.

Also with parting out my cr Im pretty sure it will take out a big chunk of building the 12v.

Thanks for the advice Swole!