12V lift pump supports good power

I am running a PDD pump and really like it, I am running all stock lines and it keeps up great!

Last edited:
The stock pump wont hold pressure at my power level. and the AD cant keep up on its own. So I was going to use the AD as a pusher. I thought the stocker could suck thru the AD but perhaps not?

Great info Jim. Thanks.

Do you think the sump made enough difference to warrant going to it over the factory pickup?

I ran basically the same thing on my 98 through the stock supply and return and was only able to maintain 15 psi, I'd say around 500 hp with a benched 215 pump. Way back in the day I tested this with a 13mm pump and the pressure would go to zero.

Can't say enough about the sump, really nice, super easy to install, but I did drop the tank to de-configure the draw straw setup he did years ago.

Jim

So I'm dropping a 12v into a tractor. Should I put two of these units on it? One 10plus micron before the lp and one say 2 micron before the ip?

You could do that with an FS 1001 (10 micron with a water separator) and a FF 5320 as it is a 3 micron.

As for the post, us old timers use to do this all the time back in the day on the TDR, there was very little sidebar B/S conversations in the forms, it was about knowledge and helping each other out.

Jim

I really liked the TDR days as well.

I switched my 01 over to a 12v lp after watching (fishn2deep, I think) do it with good results and haven't looked back since. Mine would idle at 27psi and then peg the 30psi gauge so I don't know what my max psi was. I got tired of it so I just unhooked it.....never have worried about psi and it was good for 600hp with an so vp, ddp 220 inj, and a sps 66.

Fishing Guide.....That was his user name..

Last edited:
You could do that with an FS 1001 (10 micron with a water separator) and a FF 5320 as it is a 3 micron.

As for the post, us old timers use to do this all the time back in the day on the TDR, there was very little sidebar B/S conversations in the forms, it was about knowledge and helping each other out.

Jim

That sounds like a good idea.