12v spring info.

Cool. Did the manufacturer give any RPM limits for the springs when run with stock rockers and pushrods?

I have found no rpm limits yet. There are 2 engines currently being built tht are going to turn some major rpm. I will let you know how they do. The reason we came up with these springs is that the pressure on the nose of the cam is too low on stock and 60lbers to control high-rpm, high-lift profiles. And the fact that people are having to spend a lot of money on machine work to make adequate small block triples work. Here is a chart of the lift vs. pressure on stock, 60lb, and HD175's

Zach

lift Stock 60lb HD175
1.940 88 150 150
1.900 98 156 165
1.800 125 170 200
1.700 150 187 240
1.600 182 210 285
1.500 210 225 327
1.400 245 245 365

the most interesting thing is that at 1.400 the 60lbers and the stock spring have the exact same pressure! I can't believe that there has not been a better spring made to date.

Zach Hamilton

I finally got in enough locks for ten sets of springs. I will hold springs for the people on the list for a couple days. Then they are up for grabs. Feel free to call the office tom. 1-512-778-6150

Zach Hamilton

About ten sets out now. I will post dyno sessions soon. The trucks sound much better over 4000 with these.

About ten sets out now. I will post dyno sessions soon. The trucks sound much better over 4000 with these.

Mine sounds fine over 4K, even out to 5K...WTH does sound have to do with anything?

Put 100psi in the manifolds and then tell me how it sounds.
Chris

Listen to it afterward and see if it doesn't get a little quieter when you start controlling your valvetrain. Just an observation.

Have you looked at the comparrison Data. Do you not see a benefit in the improved design, more aggressive spring pressure, and reduced mass? Just a thought. Mine sounded good over 4k before the springs.... I thought.

Listen to it afterward and see if it doesn't get a little quieter when you start controlling your valvetrain. Just an observation.

I've seen valve float on the dyno with my old truck, with twins and stock intake valve springs...I know what that looked like. I also knew what it sounded like, and felt like when pushed...my new truck doesn't exhibit any of those characteristics, even with about 30psi more, another 1000-1500RPM, and roughly 200 more horses.

There, I can post technical info too;)

All I can hear is Hype

I'd really like to see something come of this, the 60lb springs I'm sure have some trouble controlling higher RPM, with lots of boost...but using sound to promote them doing a better job??

Also, I haven't seen a whole lot of data yet...just stuff from the vendor...of course they're the best!

Chris

here is your "hype". Sorry it took so long to get the dyno numbers, the 12v stuff has taken a back seat to the Johnson county cam war.

This is on a 1994 12v with a mildly ported head the 181/210 cam a 62/65/14 turbo making 42psi and 300marine injectors. First run was stock springs and the second run was using our 170#Notice after the 3000 mark the power seems to start falling off with the stock springs. At 3500rpm there was almost 80ft.lbs difference in torque and around 45hp, however the peak horsepower did not change. If this was a truck with a more agressive cam, more boost pressure, and more rpm the differences would have been greater at high rpm. If somebody wants to do testing on a built truck using our 170# p.m. me for a discounted set. You must include your engine setup, cam specs and I would like it if the truck was capable of at least 4800rpm. Put "cam test" in the title of the p.m. Hopefully I will be able to provide more "hype" soon
12v stock vs. HD170 springs picture by zacheryhamilton - Photobucket

Zach Hamilton

Last edited:
I have almost 400 springs out now. I have gotten good feedback from all that have used them. They have been used over 5,000 rpm on competition engines running cams around .640" lift. All of the people running them have been please with the way they work. I will see if I can get a few of them to post up with their data.

Zach Hamilton