12V Superduty lower radiator hose? What is everyone using?

texascadillac42

99 F350, 96 12V Cummins.

I currently have a 3 piece lower radiator hose which has worked ok for 80k miles. However, I would like to get rid of at least one hose, or two if possible. I have talked to a few different people and they all tell me to just piece something together. Beans Diesel Performance said they use flex line kits from Summit Racing, but when I talked to them they said they have nothing that will work with the 2 1/4" outlet on the 12V. The 2" on the Ford radiator is no problem, but the 2 1/4" is.

Just curious as to what some of you guys have used on your swaps?

Thanks.

i used the bottom hose from a 1990 cuumins and i think the bottom hose from a 1999 sd with a 5.4 so i have one splice but i dont have ac

I talked to Destroked and they said they piece together all of their hoses. Dawna at AutoWorld MT said her reference notes for a 24V in a 7.3 powered SD had a Gates 20846 number, but I'm not sure that will work for me without the same number of cuts and splices, if not more.

I've been looking through the Gates catalog at my local parts store, and going through all their hoses they have in stock, so I'm getting closer to a solution, but was hoping there might be a well-known lower hose combination that works.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Another thought, Ford sends Superduty trucks to Brazil, the only motor choice is a 3.9L diesel. 99% sure its a 4BT based motor.

Ford - Viva o Novo

I can't figure out how to directly link it, but there is a pic of the motor if you do a little looking on the site.

It would be interesting to see what kind of lower radiator hose those trucks use. I am trying to track down a friend in Brazil who may be able to get access to a truck, to get a pic of a lower radiator hose in it. He works in the mining industry and sees tons of service trucks, support trucks...etc. It would be cool to at least see some pictures of a factory installed Cummins.

I have an upper and lower setup that's about $100.00

Tig'ed 316 stainless:rockwoot: (on a CR though)

picture.php

picture.php

i used silicone couplers and aluminum piping. i dont have pics though.. an exhaust shop can mandrel bend the aluminum, if its small enough it will be pretty tight.

Thanks for the link. That thread has some good info on it. When I talked to Summit earlier this week they told me they had nothing to work with a 2.25" hose outlet so I decided to try something else. I never even thought of trying to stretch a 2" over the 2.25" neck. I also saw a 2.25" to 2" short adapter in the Gates catalog I was looking through today which might work with the Summit flex hose.

If my hoses I am waiting for don't work out I will end up going that route. Thanks again for the link.

I tryed the summit route had bad luck with them they leaked witch drives me nuts and i had them blow off because there clamps suck if you do use them get good clamps.

Thanks for the input, I wondered how well the ends would clamp on to the Summit flex line. If I go that route, I will definitely get good clamps, thanks for the advice.