12v swap and offroad

soupcan

hi guys im gathering parts and info for my cummins swap.
i have a78 f150 4x4 shortbox,i am purchsing a 97 2500 4x4 5 speed for the doner.
i am swaping with my brother in law the nv4500 and all related parts for his built 47re with 10000 miles, billet shafts and billet converter.
the cummins has kdp fixed(it came out,so new cover) timing to 17 afc tuned 4gsk and injectors..not sure what ones but its very strong and not stupid smokey.
also air dog and 4 in exh no muffler.
my ford has d 60 front 14b rear,6 in deaver coils front, james duff radius arms, 6 in deaver leafs rear with shackle flip to eliminate block.
some history, i originaly had a bb ford in this truck, i tore it down to do the axle swap,lift and a new cab...found out i was going to be a dad again and it all got pushed back...
then my brother in law took me ti a truck pull and thee diesel bugg bit me hard.

so some questions, i am planning on running a exra capacity steel bronco tank in this for the fuel tank, do any the fuel sumps out work with a steel tank? how are they off camber? my wheeling will mostly be dunes,mild trails offroad parks...no rocks or crazy stuff.
with 38s im not worried about draging the sump....or would a draw straw be better?
also the t case, if i strao and bump the axle can i get away with the slip yoke? or should i use aa ford tcase wiih a fixed output? my wheelbse is currently 120 in..i have seen slipyoke shafts with cvs so the angle dont worry me...just picking brains..
soon i will post pics and ask more ? love the forum!

Last edited: