1000hp at the rear wheels
with the shelf still on
No professional porting
Stock valves
No air to water
No water NOS or meth injection
Cool enough EGT to sled pull
Single charger
No extreme parts(deck plate, billit rods, forged pistons, ball bearing charger)

My first question is, can this be done with a single S400, HX60, or Garrett?
Curious for your thoughts and questions..

1000 at the tire is a pretty hefty goal with what you have listed. What class are you building for by talking about hx60's I'm guessing 2.6"? Your best bet is talking with Weston on here about a charger, he is building some pretty sweet chargers.

This part is just IMO an s400 base would be your best bet.

You mention no professional porting, does that mean you are going to diy? You may want to consider some hardend rods, I know CPP has some for a great price. Yes, an HX60 would get your goal, but I think EGT's would be pretty hot without a/w and the shelf still on the head.

Yeah, I did. Im wanting to see what chargers others are doing it with. If theres a need I'll build some more like mine to sell.

Its an Old school HT4 hybrid with a billet wheel I had made. Been pulling 5 yrs, hooked this combo only a few times, with no great results. Wasnt getting the power to the ground. If you search my name you find pics of some combinations over the years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's a lot going on with out some type of artificial cooling but it can be done. Garrett, Holset, and BW all have options. A nice GTX unit or even a Ball bearing S400 series turbo would be my first 2 choices as far as options vs price tag. I like the HX60 also for this application but that would be 3rd choice.

under 60lbs, 13mm, 5x.025" dual feeds. The best part, in my opinion, EGT peaked at only 1600* Cooling was 2 electric fans from Summitt and a 110volt fan they use on all the dyno runs. Wow, where do you get S400 ball bearing units?

Rather easy to control EGT's with fuel, considering it's size I would not consider the result to be "groundbreaking".

Forgot to mention my "cold air intake"

Wanting to keep my headlight, cut hole in fender. Where can I get a big velocity stack?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
That being the case Weston, do you think an S480 woul do about the same?

You realize there are people in the 2.5" class making near the same power. A 75mm compressor should be capable of what you are describing.

I have seen dyno numbers with a factory shelf and valves in that area with an 80mm turbocharger. With a good valve job and bowl work I don't see it out of the realm of possibility to achieve such results with a 3" compressor.

Tell you what this billet 6blade 75 with 96/88 t6 1.32 is by far the best running turbo I have ever ran, I'm running it without a gate boost rises first and peaks around 70-75, while drive is at 30-35 lbs.

On the first 4wd launch i shifted a little early between 2-3 and it wasn't even close to snuffing out when rpms dropped.