12valve cummins into 96 chevy 1500

the wrecker would sell me the NV4500 that was behind a cummins for a package deal

if you go that route then you can just use the dodge transfer case if you can just come across a dodge drive line and be done with trying to match up u joints and drive shafts.

thats what im thinking but i believe dodge uses a drivers side pumpkin differential as i will be running passenger side if i go with the GM front differential

if you use the ifs transfer case then your still on the drivers side anyways. i dont know how far back you can go to get a pass side transfer case and still bolt up to the nv4500

what is your guys thoughts on swapping the chevy body onto a 3/4 ton dodge cummins chassis?

of course there would be shortening or lengthening the chassis in certain areas and having to weld body mounts onto the dodge chassis

i dont think you want to mess with the chevy body/dodge chassis deal. A solid axle is all bolt on goodies for the chevy, call ORU SKY or Offroad Direct. I wouldnt waste all that time for a dodge chassis anyway, their front suspension is the weakest link of the truck. Between the track bar issues and non manual hubs, you cant beat leaf springs for the simplicity/low cost.