14.50 wide tires and 2 inches lower?

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
I'm about to buy wheels and tires for my 93 extended cab, and I'd really like to run 14.50 width tires. I am not going with a real deep dish rim, shouldn't stick out past the body but mabey an inch. I'm buying 12 inch rims, I know I can fit a 13.50 tire but I'd really like to go wider. I want to go no taller then 33s does anyone have a set up similar to this? Pictures would be awesome. My next question, I want to take the leveling leaf springs off the front of my truck and replace them with stock ones. Then I'd like to get shorter blocks for the rear to match the front height. I think this will lower the truck about 2 inches. Anyone think I will be able to still run my tire combination at this ride height? I'm not afraid to trim fenders but Id like that to be a last resort.

I think they would clear with it at its current ride height, but not sure with it 2 inches lower with out cutting the fenders

I ran a 35/14.50 with a 4" lift. It = no bueno. So stock, probably not much better.

I'm pretty determined to some how make them work lol. My 33x12.50 don't rub at all with the leveling kit ill try them and hack out what ever needs be. Anyone have any pics of wide tires on their first gens? I know josh ayers truck looks awesome and I believe his are 14.50s

I'm pretty determined to some how make them work lol. My 33x12.50 don't rub at all with the leveling kit ill try them and hack out what ever needs be. Anyone have any pics of wide tires on their first gens? I know josh ayers truck looks awesome and I believe his are 14.50s

Try then 14.5 with the lifted height first. Bc847 I believe runs 33/12.50s on a stock height truck. It's that outer edge that catches the factory fender flair/outline and sheet metal when you turn. I'll take some pics of the damage they did to my truck back in 07' when I was doing some mild off road driving. 12.50 never have rubbed on my truck, and I've ran slot of different wheels.

Yea, I have no issues with my 12.50 at its current height (it's the truck in my avatar) but just looking to go a little wider I might have to settle w 13.50s

That truck looks beautiful the way it is. I'd leave it alone. More rubber adds s huge unnecessary cost these days. And another thing to think about is rolling weight. A larger, heavier tire is going to take more to get going, and be harder on parts( launching and stock shafts).

I feel like the lowering would possible help track time and handling. I plan on running a set of 10-11 inch wide tires for when I drag it more

I feel like the lowering would possible help track time and handling. I plan on running a set of 10-11 inch wide tires for when I drag it more

Not to mention a more stock appearing/sleeper look. Kiss (keep it simple stupid) no insult, no homo!

Lol that's a good one, I think ill just go 13.50 width and see what it looks like, then lower it I can always raise it back up if I don't like it

Thanks! I have not ran it with my current set up yet for the track has been closed :/ with the old set up it ran 15.71 that was w ve pump maxed done by me,out 4k gov, Denny t stage 2 pin, timing to head hx35 and 4 inch straight pipe over drive on a dimmer floor switch that's it

I run 15.5 wide ATZ's on mine with 4.5in of backspacing. Truck is stock height except for an add a leaf up front which has pretty much sagged back to stock height now. Ive done a little fender trimming but nothing major.

2010-03-27152109_zpsf9a0db99.jpg

Rim size 16x10, tire is a 375/55R16, truck has the 8in tall frame and 6in rear blocks from factory.

Last edited:
I run 15.5 wide ATZ's on mine with 4.5in of backspacing. Truck is stock height except for an add a leaf up front which has pretty much sagged back to stock height now. Ive done a little fender trimming but nothing major.

2010-03-27152109_zpsf9a0db99.jpg

Rim size 16x10, tire is a 375/55R16, truck has the 8in tall frame and 6in rear blocks from factory.

How you doing man? Still running the 14mm?

Holy cow! How is your steering box mount holding up?

Mount is fine. The frame however has had a good bit of work done, everytime id fix a crack...itd crack some where else. Seems to have leveled out now tho.

Jason...you have a pm.

Back