^oh I knew what was up, and yes, I was under the impression that others didnt know either

Looks like now I need to tear a core apart to figure out how those potlickers work so I can put one of these in my pump.

I didn't know what it was; obviously a cam but didn't know the particulars. That's why I kept quiet:hehe:

Oooof, wasn't paying much attention on my drive by. I take back the acceleration comment with that profile on a roller.

The premise is to increase rate of injection and shorten overall degrees of injection allowing you to run less timing for the same outcome plus more fill time for obvious reasons. It augments a certain theory of engine operation. All I am offering is a tool for someone that knows how to use it. There are certain people that would make 0 additional horsepower with this installed, and some that could do quite well with this. Yes, they can work, and yes they will not help you, your level of ignorance dictates the outcome. If your pump builder knows how to exploit the cam and you know how to tune, then you will be happy. I will not bother you further with details like bogus dyno sheets that may or may not apply to your eninge. I will say, if you get one, spend the money on a builder that will phase it correctly and grab the fastest part of the ramp with the injection event.

As for the USA part, most parts we sell are made here, but the epa and costs dictate some parts are made elsewhere. Like cams, the only people in the USA that will pour Chill Cast Ductile will not pour cams in quantities, which leaves billet steel. If you all are willing to pay $899 instead of $599 for all of the street cams, I will move all of the production here. You and the EPA, not I dictate where things are made.

If more people are interested in Billet USA cams, please email me

Last edited:
Guilty as charged as well. Why not a slower down ramp?

I apologize, I didn't answer your question. Yes it is to allow more fill time. Some of the performance cams out there keep velocity high until you reach the flat nose on the cam. With this style of cam, the roller will not stay in contact with the cam at higher rpm and gets launched off of the injection ramp and lands on the closing ramp. This can damage the cam which in most cases are reground and have soft material exposed. With this style of cam the roller does not have a chance to "slow down" to make the turn. The last part of the injection ramp on ours, the designer greatly reduced the velocity so that the roller was not accelerating or even at steady state speed, but already slowing down so that it was much easier for it to follow the cam and return to the base circle. That is how we get away with the shape of the cam, add stiffer springs with less mass and it works even better. I have to give kudos to our designer for this one. He did an amazing job.

Last edited:
That is how we get away with the shape of the cam, add stiffer springs with less mass and it works even better. I have to give kudos to our designer for this one. He did an amazing job.

Are you offering a spring package for these cams???
Or do you recommend a already available spring that's currently on the market?