160 P-Pump, how much horsepower

lol The rack plug will knock your socks off if you have a real set of Gov springs.
If your AFC / fuel plate allows full rack, before about 20psi....you will offend MANY tree huggers. ;-)

My stock 160 p7100 calculates around 600whp with a single turbo & stock delivery valves ;-)

turbomatt1, you care to give up some secrets of how you got 600 hp with stock delivery valves, you have them cut?? I see your using a 47rh trans too, how much you beef it up, billet shafts?? you using billet clutch hubs? what torque convertor, if you dont mind saying. I have 160 hp pump and i want 600 hp. Any info you can give me I'd appreciate it

The pump work he is probably going to use one word GARMON.
I am working on a 160 project too. Matt is a good person to get inspiration from if you are looking to go fast on a 160.

lol... It's hard to say much about my truck without mentioning Mr Garmons majic!
It has completely stock delivery valves...never been removed from the pump / pump never off the motor. I run a set of his extruded 370's with the pop pressure set where he wanted it, his custom Gov springs, & a baddazz Turbonetic's 66mm single. Best pass to date is 11.7@115 on a 1.7 60....with the 5th wheel hitch still in the bed ;-)
Race weight on that pass would have been right at 5800 pounds.
(anybody got a link to the mph / HP calculator?)
I run Jeff's tranny as well... Billit input, steel front planet,flexplate overlay, one of his house brand tripple disc's, & a valvebody, that I watched him scatter, take a mig welder to the transfer plate, run a grider over, reasemble...& it knocked 2 tenths off my et with no other mods!
...You gotta meet this guy!

TurboMatt1, If you can give me a contact # for Mr. Garmon, I'd like to see what he has to say. Im just not picturing those stock deliverys flowing that much fuel to the inj's, but new tricks are found each day.

turbomatt1 said:
1-866-898-8585
(Phone conversations are usually short/ he hates the phone)

You can say that again...I don't think he's ever said 10 words to me on the phone!

Chris

We were able to make 629 with Jeff's latest and greatest 12 valve EFI live tune.

Thanks for the info TurboMatt, How much lag does the 66mm have on the street?? Deciding on what turbo to go with for running on the street, 62 or 64 mm 12 or 14 exh??

I would love to here some more about what mods on a 160 pump can give you enough fuel to make it into the 11's! I'm just about cleaning up all my smoke with the turbo I run but I have not done the rack plug yet. How much more fuel does that mod give you? Anyone know??

Don't have an actual number and I have a 180 pump so I'm not sure on the difference, but the Mack plug alone added another 5psi of boost on my truck, so it helps a good bit!

Yeah a Mach plug should rip on a truck that has a modified AFC that allows full travel! I shimmed my stock plug 2.25mm and it gave my truck like 8PSI boost and a lot more smoke and SOP power.

Sarge1 said:
Thanks for the info TurboMatt, How much lag does the 66mm have on the street?? Deciding on what turbo to go with for running on the street, 62 or 64 mm 12 or 14 exh??

I was a little unhappy with the 84A/R 66 on the street, untill I got my AFC housing figured out. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread now.
I think the Turbonetics Ceramic ball bearing deal makes a big difference as well.

I had to pay extra BIGTIME to get a bootleg copy of Slowpoke's 12V EFI live tune from Jeff... but mine keeps throwing a code...
""5150 - PROGRAM REQUIRES BLING BLING""
:aiwebs_013:

turbomatt1, dont want to seem stupid here, what is a 12v efi tune. Is it a controller for the afc line, like a boost controller ricers use??

edgerat, yeah turbo filled me in on it, i was curious though if you could use a ricer type adj boost controller to modify the signal going into the afc for finer tuning, anyone have thoughts of this??

Back