1700 degree EGTS

With the water meth towing, itll hit around 1450 but the water meth controller is messed up,

Apples to oranges but my old 12valve would level off just north 2300* on a 2nd thru 5th wot run.

2300????? How did it not melt???

Well... There is a midget inside the chamber smacking the piston back into shape once it gets soft. Sometimes they get too aggressive and you have repercussions. You must daily feed said midget though to be able to get that hot.

I never hit over 1300.

I know with a 63mm on my old 12v, before the cam swap, I would hold 1200* pulling hills. It would get hot, then stay right there. Took too long to really start cooling off, versus a 58mm or 60mm that never let it get hot.

CR guys should have it EASY. Better flowing head, and the ability to tone it down.

Oh, and my towing was usually a 25K lb load. Gross around 33K at most times.
Chris

Alright. Sounds like I'm in the right ballpark. I was getting 1000-1100F doing 80mph on a kind of hilly interstate so I dropped it to 3rd and they went down to 800F. It was a really hot day, maybe that played a factor, but normally I can cruise around 950-1000F on those roads while hauling in OD.
I don't mind getting hot on a pull, but constantly sitting up there gets me a little nervous sometimes. ;-)

Anyways, thanks for the info guys.

1700* is 100% fine at the end of the track. I'd be ecstatic with those temps on fuel :hehe: obviously you tow on a different tune. Timing, along with everything else is adjusted so it's an apples to oranges comparison. What do the temps actually get to towing? On a tow tune.

Back