175% exergy 04.5/07 5.9

On the street or purely competition?

100% Exergy,S475 on mine

Last edited:
i dont know with the tuning available and the knowledge that will soon be obtained,will prolly work great...

Ashley Black and outlaw99 seem to be running some pretty big exergys . Not sure on there tunning or chargers but looks like there in the 150- 175 % range. Single chargers.

We're entering an era where huge injectors won't be needed to make huge power anymore...mark my words.
The new Smarty and EFI Live offer tuning we've never had before...the ability to fine tune fuel delivery is gonna change the game.

think those guys are running more displacement with 6.7 (iirc). depends on the year of the truck with 06-07 efilive trucks you can tune the pulse back to work well. but wsith the pci/sci trucks running stacks with smarty and whatever else its a gamble. i run a 478li t-6 1.1 with my 100% 300ish hp injectors and drive it on the street daily. with that big of a stick you could drive something similar for sure...

Jason
SBT/LCD

Do you know what size there running? How well doe they work? I believe Ashley's is a 6.7. I'm not sure about Outlaw99

think those guys are running more displacement with 6.7 (iirc). depends on the year of the truck with 06-07 efilive trucks you can tune the pulse back to work well. but wsith the pci/sci trucks running stacks with smarty and whatever else its a gamble. i run a 478li t-6 1.1 with my 100% 300ish hp injectors and drive it on the street daily. with that big of a stick you could drive something similar for sure...

Jason
SBT/LCD

So with the efilive trucks, is it worth having the big injectors if your going to tune them back ?or is payoff of gettin that much fuel in a short pulse worth it ?

So with the efilive trucks, is it worth having the big injectors if your going to tune them back ?or is payoff of gettin that much fuel in a short pulse worth it ?

Depends how much power you are looking for.

Last edited:
the pulse is going to controlled, with other tuners the pulse they set is all you get. that is why when you set the smarty to sw9 it just floods the engine with fuel, you tune smarty back with larger injectors. with efi you can set everything back to optimize the burn... along with timing and RP tuning. i.e. i run roughly 2700pulse with 27degrees of timing with 180 rp. tuning yeilded 902hp with a daily driven single. TUNING IS KEY!

Jason
SBT/LCD

more fuel is more fuel bigger hole more fuel then you can cut back duration to clean it up.

I ran 175% on my 2.6 truck 2500 us truck made 934 it was still smoking.. prob could cut back more but I didn't play with the tune much more on dyno after it made 934 on stock cr rods....lol

Back