18* or 20* of timing?

It starts and runs!!!! It doesn't drive yet but it starts and runs!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can drive it. Just need to wire in the POT (couldn't find my soldering iron under all the crap in my garage) and hook up the TV cable and she's ready to go. I'm so freaking excited!!!

I was gonna point out to Jamie the difference in running and complete!LOL

I've told Tyler he's on the downhill side of the swap like 300 times, but this time there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Jesus, I thought I was milking this thing! I started mine saturday and had it running yesterday. Just gotta clean the radiator and put the front end back together. LOL

C'mon guys. You all know that you never expected that truck to run again. LOL I am impressed!

Time to rethink the problems I've had so far:

cam
lifter dropped
oil line
pump bracket
timing
intercooler
injection line fitment
grid heater fitment

I think that covers most things.

You including the dowel in the engine with the dropped lifter?

Did you wind up using the tappet cover?

The only issue im having is how to hook up the TPS/APPS. I think I know how its supposed to work but would like to see a diagram!

Congrats on getting yours fired up!

my truck is timed at 27.5* right now with vp pop offs. im thinking about lowering it down to about 22 or 23*. should i do it or not?

Mine run's nice at 20.5* but if I end up having the pump benched I'm gonna have it pin timed at 25*.

it just think that lowering the timing will give me a little more low end power for around on the street and be easier to start when its cold. but everyone i talk to says that these ppumped 24v's love timing.....

30* timing to much for a dedicated puller? I've read alittle bit and will read some more. It has vp pressure set injectors. Any comments?