188/220 cam

stevencritt

Well my vp finally gave way. So i'm installing new II So and fass 150, also gonna put in my cam ive had sitting around. any of you guys running this cam in your VP's?

I am running it in mine and LOVVVVEEE it no complaints also put in the cr tappets and extreme duty push rods and 103lb springs

I'm running one in my 4wd along with a super b special and love it. I've also been running a helix 2 in my 2wd for about 7 years- currently with compounds, but have ran a big single on it in the past.

The 188-220 spools much better but it maybe sacrifices fuel efficiency a bit compared to my helix2. Really, though, I can't complain about either trucks efficiency, they both do good. That 188-220 just flat out works and I'd put one in my 2wd if I ever have a reason to pull the cam. That's how much I like it.

Throwing this cam in tomorrow! Waiting on the head to get finished up ported and polished and o ringed! Hope it runs good!

In for results. What turbo(s), injectors, tuning, tv stall, and head gasket will you running?

Still waiting on the head to get finished, and I scarred up the cam bushing pulling the cam like a dumba$$, so I gotta get that ***** pulled and another put back in, sucks only being home 2 weeks every 6 to work on my baby... My plans was to run the super b special, quad ADR with comp tune, Mach 5s or considering going with contagious diesel injectors, and the head gasket will be a custom .10 over

Still waiting on the head to get finished, and I scarred up the cam bushing pulling the cam like a dumba$$, so I gotta get that ***** pulled and another put back in, sucks only being home 2 weeks every 6 to work on my baby... My plans was to run the super b special, quad ADR with comp tune, Mach 5s or considering going with contagious diesel injectors, and the head gasket will be a custom .10 over

Get that cam in yet? I just installed mine

I have a Colt 188/220 in mine. Absolutely love it! Made spooling my 66 a lot nicer, dropped EGTs and it runs a lot smoother.

I am curious about this too because I have a 63/68/12 turbo and ddp 150s in my truck and i thought about doing a 188/220 camshaft and wanted to hear other peoples thoughts.

Brother has one in his 01. Helped the 467 he had go from unbearable to drive to an absolute animal.

Truck is now straight sled puller and still running the same cam.

So from you two guys, it sounds like the cam helps spool more-so than EGT reduction or anything else?

It depends on which cam you go with. If you're looking for the best spool possible, the 178-208, then for more power above 2600rpm the 182-214, and the 188-220 being the best overall performing from idle to 4200rpm. For most VP trucks I would actually go with either the 178-208 or 182-214 to get the power made as soon as possible. I hope that helps.

http://www.hamiltoncams.com/whcamisrifor.html