188/225

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
Went to the dyno with our 188/225 on a 2002 with a silver bullet, 150hp injectors and an adrenaline. Picked up 54hp! I will post dyno graphs later. THis new lineup is going to be our best yet.

Zach

Oh Snap!!

Do you have any specs on Fletchers DP3 cam? How does it compare to this HD cam of yours?

Damn, if I could have just held off a year lol. I may have missed it but do you have pricing and a release date yet Zach?

Went to the dyno with our 188/225 on a 2002 with a silver bullet, 150hp injectors and an adrenaline. Picked up 54hp! I will post dyno graphs later. THis new lineup is going to be our best yet.

Zach

It sounds like this cam profile or one similiar to it would be a great addition to my current set up, I will call you Zach.

Jimmy

IIRC this is the biggest you can go w/out flycuts.

How it compares to fletch cams. I honestly don't have a clue. He doesn't post specs and won't release any data. I do know most of them are regrinds which limits them quite a bit as far as how much he can change centerlines. As diesel weekend type builders get more informed, I think you will see a move away from people that are doing shady stuff and keeping their customers in the dark. All it does is keeps people from being able to make informed choices and comparisons. Instead they have to make choices off of hype in marketing or hype built up by cronies or cheerleaders that get freebies. My goal is to chip away at that marketing and inform the consumers with real info. Use your head not your wallet!

Yes this is the absolute biggest we can go without flycuts. I have it retarded 2 degrees (crankshaft) from the factory. If you run a .020" headgasket or flycut your pistons you can run it advanced 2 degree crankshaft or 1 degree camshaft. It will not fit advanced 1 degree without some more room. Also that is pending that your piston protrusion is factory and your block and head have not been decked. When in doubt, get out the calipers.

The only downside as of now is that you have to run a spring with a little less rate due to the much higher lift of these cams. Right now Van Haisley has some 90#(actual 110# on the seat but much less over the nose) springs that will work well, or we are coming our with a new spring and retainer package for the 24v in the next month or so. 12v running our springs will be fine.

They are inline with our other custom cams in the past and they are for sale now.

Zach

Nice job zach.

I can't wait to see what you guys have available this winter when i rebuild.

I'm not sure what you are asking. If that is a dig as far as lobe wear, then the answer is no. In the past we used lobes that were around .780"-.800" just as haisley and scheid and pdr used. At the time with higher zinc oils we never saw lobe wear but as zinc and phosphorous decreased in oils we started to see more wear. Now our lobes are .860"-1.020" wide depending on the style. I have heard of many regrinds from different companies failing here and there as well as some of the cores we used about 2 years ago. There are many factors that contribute to lobe wear, the primary one being incompetence. If our guidelines are followed, you should eliminate most factors that cause wear. If not, get use to buying more parts.

Get blown, how big are your flycuts?

Zach

Last edited:
Over a stock cam. I wish it was 54hp over our previous design, that would be nice. I am having hell with the pdf files and converting them to photobucket. I will get these graphs up soon.

Zach

Some valve motion charts with valve lift vs. crankshaft rotation would be nice. So we could see what is actually going on.

Hey EPA, I feel I include more than enough information to make an informed decision on a cam without that. I know cams are pretty easy to copy and it has happened to me quite a bit, but it would be nice to at least sell a cam to somebody who is going to copy them as opposed to giving them the information before they buy. I hope you understand my point of view and don't think I am being too secretive.

Zach

Zach

Well, it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me, because I just take a spare block, crank, piston, CR, degree wheel and various manufacturer's cams with a dial indicator and find out enough on my own. I just think it is hypocritical for you to portray yourself as 100% forthcoming with specs when all you will release is 2 numbers (duration at .050) which really tell very little about the entire valve motion through 720 deg crank rotation. As far as worrying about copying, any machine shop can copy a cam, it's not a big deal.

LOL... Well you just prooved what he's trying to avoid EPA....

You're correct.. It's easy as pie to copy a cam once you have it in your hand...

Why would Zach take the ONE step of actually buying the cam out of the equation and just GIVE YOU what you need to copy it?

Try and get specs of ANY kind from some of the other manufacturers before a purchase and see how that goes!

Anyway... Zach...

I bought that 181/210 from you through Floor It a few months ago... And I'm curious if you now have any better profiles available now that will fit my uses a little better?

I'm now running a heavily modded CR head w/ tubular stainless side draft intake, pretty heavy port work and good springs.

I'm just curious if I should be looking at one of your new grinds instead of the 181/210 on 107.

I do NOT have fly cut pistons, and would rather avoid that if I could.

True, Convicted, but think about it, if someone is going to copy a cam they are planning on making multiple copies and making some decent money. What expense is it to them if they buy one Hamilton cam to copy off of? On the other hand the people that just want a good cam would like to know all the specs, like a graph of valve motion or lobe motion versus crank position.