1968 corvette Drag/Street project

I more than likey will go with a manual valve body and a different shifter. This Hurst V gat2 2 I got is a POS. Don't ever buy one of those PITA's!

Dont worry about thatLOL, your right thats a chity shifter for sure. Ive always ran the quarter stick or bandit gated mechanical shifters. They work great and can be switched with a inexpensive gate to be a 2 spd, either forward or rev. 3 spd, or 4 spd. You will like the manual VB, it increases line pressure as well wich is very important with lots of torque.

I should have just got a quarter stick to begin with. They are cheaper anyhow. This POS I have now has 3 different patterns that you can get it in but it won't come out of the one it is in now. I might run it over I love it so much. LOL

Thats funny, back over it a time or two for me as well. lol. Having that shifter sure made it nice in my truck because I used every gate they make besides the 4 spd, it was handy not having to change shifters. Plus I like the mechanical engaugment, I hate that ratchet crap

Mine's zip-tied for full line pressure all the time, even on the street.

So hows the project Vette .

Been a long while since we talked .

OT .... but have you heard from your brother Scott . He hasnt called or emailed me since he shipped out .

Johnny

I have heard from him, but not for the past 2 weeks or so. He was in Kuwait during Thanksgiving and I think this week they ship out to Jordan for training. Then back to Kuwait for more training and then to Afg or Turkey. He sounded good when I spoke with him. Jordan I can probabaly get you an addy from my Mom as I don't know it. I know she just sent him stuff last week or so.

Good to hear you heard from him . Tell him Johnny says hello next time you talk to him . .

Just a small update. Last weekend we went to Cedar Falls raceway and made one pass. The car ran a 11.55@117mph and blew the primary turbo just past the end of the 1/8th mile. It did 7.61@100mph in the 1/8th mile if i remember correctly.

Man do you have a black cat in the trunk? If so take that sucker and and *bdh* it flat.... Good luck on getting it up and running again, you were just starting to get some of the bugs worked out... :Cheer:

that looks awesome i wish i had the money to do a backhalf on the cummino...lol i blew up my hx 40 last month i feel for u.... new idea intercooler = compressor wheel catching device

I was thinking about the same thing actually. :hehe: Might save some engine tear down later on.