1990 Bronco 4BT Build thread

nice ride, think your gona have a prob mounting that intercooler?? mine out of a psd barley fits in my 95.

Yea i dont expect the intercooler to fit without some modification.

As far as hours maybe 8 hours a day for the first 8 days. then one or two days a week for 4 hours then 8 hours for two weekends. Then some odd ball hours here and there. So id shoot a lowball offer of 150 hours. I would say it could be done much faster if you had all the parts lined up and ready to go.

I do have a lot of work to do still so we will just estimate like 200 hours.

For the application, I think the air to water aftercooler would be fine. It worked for a fully loaded step van, so why not a bronco? Crank the pump and watch the pyro for a couple months and see what happens. You can always tie in an ice box for playtimes too. very cool truck, btw!

I am putting on the intercooler for the performance gains. Also because I am putting on a HE351 turbo, Denny T fuel pin, and 3200 rpm spring. So i will be flowing a lot more air and much more boost.

I hear what you're saying, but the factory a/w units work pretty well. With a remote tank and electric pump, maybe even better than an a/a. I had a 60mm hybrid turbo, maxed pump and POD injectors on my 89 w350. Going from no intercooler to a 3rd gen intercooler (read: HUGE) only really showed gains when towing heavy or on WOT fun time runs, but heck, a 12 valve (or 8 valve, in your case) is gonna run hot no matter what. With my present ride, I just get used to seeing 1500+ every day and don't worry about it:)

Looks good. I still want to get one and swap in something.

Whats with the lean? Looks like its got a significant lean back and to the passenger side

It had that lean in the stepvan and since i used the stepvan engine mounts the lean transfered over to my bronco. Its not necessary but was tilted for clearance reasons in the van. Once i build some motor mounts i will address that